chapter 2 (pricking words)

ARIS's POV

A night of our supposed honeymoon, where we should share the sweetness of every moment as husband and wife. But as I glanced at Ellie, I saw the face of the man  I had caught kissing her at the same time we were in celebration of our wedding day.

"You put this in your mind, do not call me by my first name, call me doctor... in hospital, never dare enter my office like before, you are not allowed anymore, never wait for me for lunch or dinner, or whatsoever, you eat alone by yourself,"  I said

"If that's what is comfortable with you, yes,"

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, Dr. Del Fierro,"

"Women are now allowed to prefer to use or not to their husband's family name... it not your preference, but mine... do not use my family name, I don't want it stained by you being a cheater, clear?"

I saw Ellie nod.

"You speak when I ask you,"

"It's clear,"

"Clear... what?"

"It's clear,  Mr. del Fierro,"

"You will not have access to my assets- cash or property. The only privilege you will have is a free stay at my house, free meals... All other things you are not allowed. You cannot accept visitors in my house,  and it  includes  your mother,"

Ellie did not answer. I saw her face shocked and face caught in awe.

"You answer me!" I yelled at her and squeezed her jaw.

I saw her tears brimming...

"Cry? You wanted to cry... I don't want to hear your sobs. You will regret it if I feel irritated,"

Still, she bows her head.

"Do not dare to sleep on the bed because you are deserving of  the floor,"

I went out of the room and slammed the door.

ELLIE's POV

I covered my head with a duvet when I saw Aris leave the room. The sound of the slammed door brought shivers to me, my flesh trembling in fear. What is happening to the love he promised me before? He promised to be with me whatever may happen. He used to say that even strong blows won't break us... but now, with a small whip of wind, he is tearing my heart and soul apart... Only if he would listen.