chapter 21 ( frozen theme party)

ARIS's POV

I feel euphoric. My heart is full of gladness to see my two little angels giggling as they welcome their guests.

It's their 6th birthday... and I prepared them a party. And tomorrow we will host another party for the orphanage.

It is their request to have a fairy-tale theme party - Frozen by Walt Disney ... Arra dressed as Elsa in a lovely baby blue ball gown, and Ella as Anna in a baby pink ball gown. They look a lovely twins.

The kids' guests were requested to wear outfits-- for girls to wear colorful dresses with wings, and the boys with swords.

The birthday celebrants are mesmerized looking at their birthday cake... The famous Melts & Licks was able to bake and decorate the cake to the specifications of the two celebrants... It is designed as Anna and Elsa figures standing back to back.

The girls are happy with their gifts from the birthday celebrants, their Mommy bought frozen dolls- Elsa and Anna for tokens for the girls...

The boys are given remote-controlled toy cars.

"Mommyyyyy look!" Arra screams presenting her outfit

"Wow... pretty Elsa... haha,"

"And meet pretty Anna,"

"Ohhh you both are lovable,"

"Did Daddy see you both?"

"Let me see," I but in

"Come here, meet Elsa and Anna," Ellie said and motioned for me to get closer

"Wow... both adorable!"

"Thank you, Daddy... Excuse us some kids are arriving we will meet them," Arra and Ella

"Thank you, you make Ella and Arra happy... this is Ella's first birthday party I see sparkles in her eyes. Ivan always gives her a lavish birthday party., But I can't see sparkles in her eyes... On her 5th birthday, she cried when she made her wish... She wants to meet her father, dead or alive,"

"That's why you bring her to the cemetery and let her meet her Father through your father's grave?"

"Yes," Ellie replied and she hugged me.

I was caught in surprise, I stiffened. I almost can't breathe... The first hug from Ellie almost 8 years after the scene I saw during our wedding party, which was a plotted one aside from the night I lured her.

"Hey!" Ellie called me... She noticed I stiffened...

"What's wrong?" Ellie asks

"Nothing... I can't breathe," I said and my tears rolled down my face, chasing one after the other.

"Hey..." Ellie shook me

"Nothing is wrong," I said

"Then?"

"Thank you," I said

"For the hug," I added

Ellie was silent for a moment

"It's been my long wish... you'll hug me again," I said

"Aris---" Ellie

"I know, I know... but that hug is too much for me to be happy,"

Ellie stared at me

"I thought today was Ella and Arra's birthday... but it's me who received a precious gift," I said

"Maybe this is the right time to start to forgive and forget... to let go... and move on..." Ellie

"Thank you," This time, it's me hugging Ellie, and now she's the one crying.

"Shhhhhh... It's not too late, we still have our time... we can still be with Arra and Ella as they grow old... We can send and fetch them to school, attend school programs, and many more,"

"Hey excuse me love birds! Not the time for honeymoon... we will celebrate birthdays today..." Ivan yelled... Ellie was surprised to see Ivan coming with Arra and Ella.

Ellie was dumbfounded, she lost words.

"Hello! I am not a gate crasher if that's what you want to tell me with those bulging eyes. I am a guest. The good Governor del Fierro invited me. You might have forgotten, we were friends before we became friends too," Ivan said laughing.

"Hmmp..." Ellie

"You remember to visit us!" Ellie added

"Hahaha... Of course, I never forget you and Ella, but I was too busy in the hospital,"

"Let's take our seats," I said

I invited Ivan to sit at our table... He is not only Ellie's friend but mine too. We were close in our medical school years and during our specialization years. Belgium was my second home during those years. He takes care of Ellie when he knows Ellie is my wife... He was a father figure to Ella for five years.  

"How's Belgium?" I asked

"Belgium is still Belgium
.. hahaha... Mommy is so excited to come with me., but Daddy got a minor stroke..."

"Ohhh... I am sorry to hear... anyway, instead of them visiting us, we can visit them in Belgium instead," I said

"The old will be too much glad if you both do so,"

"We will pay a visit, I will find time... I will arrange my schedule of activities," I said

"How about the two kids?" Ellie ask

"We will bring them... " I replied

"Okay,"

The guests, one by one arrive. Ellie welcomes them...

Ivan makes himself entertained by shoulder banging with some familiar guests...

Some of the guests are my political allies, some business friends, classmates of Arra and Ella, classmates in their dance class, some friends in the medical world...

 I saw Dr. Mondragon and his wife Atty Alyza, Atty Marco and his wife Judge  Xandra, Atty Zekiel and his wife Judge Cedes, and their kids...The owners of Melts & Licks, Nickolai and Zarina who is based in New York are here present too,  most probably them on their visit to the Philippines...  they occupy one round table at one corner.

The party begins with the usual games for kids...dance intermission number from Arra and Ella's dance classmates. The kids of the Lost Commands, Dr. Mondragon and friends, rendered a dance number... They are graceful dancers at a young age. While we are having our dinner, a band entertains us with their songs.

Ivan, excused himself to join our team in the medical mission when he saw them... he greeted them.

"Sweetheart look at the twins, they're enjoying their party,"

"Yes, I saw but this party is too lavish for young kids,"

"This is Ella's first birthday with us, we have to celebrate it the best way we can... It's Arra's first birthday party with her twin too,"

"Okay... your wish,"

"At first, I wonder why they are affectionate to each other...  When Arra asks me to buy her a toy, she always requests me to buy two. One for her and one for her twin Ella, she will give it when they meet again... Her sadness when you and Ella left, broke my heart more... Her longing to see you both again is a painful scene to behold...  She is always sitting on the stairs on the front porch waiting for you and Ella to come back... You know sweetheart when Arra was sick... she looked for you instead of her mom... she told me, she will only get well if you visit her," I said

"I am sorry... but  you know the reason why..." Ellie

"Yes," I replied

*************************************************************

07072023Friday432pm