chapter 11 (ill thoughts)

ELLIE's POV

Ivan takes an early flight, and we are now heading to Aris's house. When we arrived, he guided me to the room that we will occupy. He offered us the biggest guestroom, with all the amenities comfortable for us.

I felt a pang in my heart... I remember my years with this house, miserable days for 2 years. I look around the room... I am not familiar with it. During my stay in this house, I never intruded in some other rooms or parts of the house, I access only the kitchen and dining hall... Kitchen when Aris told me to prepare coffee or his food and dining hall when I have my meal, most often not with him.

The two little girls ask me to watch them in the pool, so we go there all together. I noticed there were no renovations in the house. It appears the same as I left six years ago. Nothing new, all things were maintained.

The decorations, the sofa, the dining table, the bar counter, and everything, the same as it were the day I left. I got puzzled. Did Aris never bring a woman into his home?

When we were in the pool, the garden was still the same, the plants had just grown up, but it was trimmed, and maintained. The pool is still the same. So, nothing changed in this house, including the owner, still a ruthless man.

The little girls, Ella and Arra are calling me to join... I changed into my yellow swimsuit and indulged with them in the water. The two know how to swim. Ella had her swimming lessons in Belgium, she likes water. Arra most likely has her swimming lessons too, she knows how to swim.

They challenged each other who swim faster... And laugh their heart out whether one of them finishes first.

"It's really fun swimming with a friend... I hope we are sisters... I have with me a sparring partner not in boxing, but in swimming," Arra

"Don't worry, I will ask Mommy to have a vacation here, or you spend vacations in our house in Belgium. We have a pool too," Ella

"Wow... I will ask Daddy," Arra

"Only if you can transfer here, or we can transfer to Belgium, we will always have fun swimming and playing," Arra added

"How I wish we were sisters, twin sisters. hahaha," Ella

"Me too,"

I smiled at what I heard... something pricked my heart. I feel sad hearing their wishes...

ARIS's POV

I saw Ellie get up from the pool, she sat in the garden set with an umbrella,"

"So you have fun wearing swimsuits... Do you enjoy displaying your flesh? Since you seem just covering only some parts, you better have your swimming nude," I said

"You hate our stay here? Why you didn't refuse? For all you know, I disagree with Ivan's idea..., but I just can't find a reason to oppose Ivan,"

"And I regret too,"

"That's easy, I will tell him that I find it uncomfortable here. If he cannot be with us in the hotel, we will fly back to Belgium,"

"Then, what do you think your husband will think of, you telling him you're uncomfortable here?"

"Never mind. Who cares?"

"That's it... Right... From when do you care for others... You only think of yourself,"

"Hahaha... pray that you won't discover the truth... by that time, I cannot imagine how will you say your apology,"

"Hahahaha... I will apologize to a b*tch? You will be a filthy woman to my eyes forever... Even my friend Ivan will clothe you with everything money can buy... Even if you will glitter with the jewels and gems he adorns you, you will always be mud-covered in my eyes. Even if you will be bathing your perfumes, its scents cannot hide your secret smell..."

"Only if you know the greatest lie, the greatest secret you might be killing yourself in regrets. You will choose to kill yourself in shame. Remember my words Ariston. Time will come, your ego will pull you to the ground. I am afraid of the day that the high and mighty Governor, Dr. Ariston del Fierro will kneel on the grounds weeping, asking apologies. By that time, Ellienore Stallin will laugh out loud like Thunder's roar,ql" Ellie

"Hmmmm... Nothing will change the fact that on our wedding day, you cheated on me,"

"Why not try to be inquisitive or shall I say sensitive? Why not try to ask and listen? Hear others before you judge...With this,  you might see light from the cumulonimbus clouds that steal your fair judgment for years," Ellie

She turns back to go to the kids

"Hey, that's enough... snack time!" Ellie

"I want you  to spoon-feed me MyMy!" Arra demands

"Sure! Come here,"

"Easy... don't rush... the floor is wet, it's slippery,"

"MyMy, is Papa Jesus, unfair?"Arra

"No, baby,"

"Then why Ella has Mommy and Daddy... while I have only my Daddy,"

"You have your Mommy, and your Mommy surely loves you,"

I hear sobs... It's Arra.

"Ohhh baby, why?"

"She doesn't love me..."

"No... that's not true,"

"I am sure,"

"What? How?"

"One time she called up looking for Daddy... she introduced herself as Crystal Acierto, then I remember my Mom's name... I feel excited... When I call her mom, she shouted at me,"

"What?"

"She shouts at me --- You shut up, I am not looking for you... Where's your Dad? What he gave me is not enough... I need another 2 million now... Tell him I need it now... The money she paid for you is not enough!"

"Baby---"

"My Mommy sold me,"

"No... No... that's not true," Ellie

"She did... she's the one telling that to me," Arra

"She's not serious about that,"

"MyMy, only if I can ask half of you, I will... I envy Ella, she has you," Arra

From where I stand, I hear their conversation.

"Ella, can I have half of your Mommy?"

"Sure! I can share Mommy with you... but if we cut her  into halves, she will die,"

"Hahaha... yeah... fool of me... But you promise, you'll share MyMy with me,"

"Sure..."

"But you will go back to Belgium," Arra

"We can still do video chats... right? Then I will have my vacation again here or you will visit us, then we can see each other. We can play and play, again," Ella

I feel pity for Arra, she longs for a mother. And she sees in Ellie, the mother she longed for... This b*tch is a perfect mother figure. Did she intentionally capture my daughter's affection? Is she playing a game? and she includes Arra in the plan? 

My ill thoughts stir my mind.

***********************************************************************************************07052023Wednesday130pm