chapter 36 (most memorable)

ELLIE's POV

This is the last day of our vacation in Baguio, at 7eve our flight back home. 

Per Arra and Ella's request, we bring Aris's caretakers' family to Baguio City. The whole family was so excited. We have them enjoy shopping in the mall with a twenty thousand cash gift from Aris. We took them to a fancy restaurant, but at first, they were too shy to enter.

"Maya, don't be shy... don't be afraid, we will teach you how to use those utensils," Arra said.

"I am sorry, I am not used to this... This is my first time to see Baguio City proper,"

"Then, enjoy... We still have until 5 p.m. to roam around," Ella said.

"I am happy to meet both of you. Both are beautiful. Beautiful face and beautiful heart," Maya

"We never choose where we are, or whatever we have ... it is by circumstances. But you know, our Mommy was a poor girl too before she met Daddy and finished studying," Ella said.

"There is still a chance for you to improve, study hard, and finish your studies... opportunities will knock on your door... If it won't, then chase your dream, until your dreams become reality," Arra said

"That could not be as easy as being said... we lack finances... My father earns not enough for us to eat three times a day," Maya said

"If Gov Aris didn't build a house for all of us, until now,  we live in a dilapidated shanty," Maya added.

"Don't worry, we will ask Daddy to send you to school until college... but of course, you have to study hard," Arra said.

"If that is what happens, I will be happy. My father and mother will be happy," Maya

"We will tell Daddy to include your two elder brothers... If it will cost Daddy a lot, we will ask him to deduct it from our allowance, is  that okay with you, twin sister?" Ella

"Of course! We will refrain from buying toys and other things. Anyway, we have a lot of dolls and toys already,"

I eavesdropped on the conversation between the three... I am in disbelief hearing Ella and Arra's promises to Maya. I shook my head. At a young age, they feel the pain of others, and they care. We are so blessed to have kids like them... 

We let them play in the fun zone while we wait in the coffee shop. The two teenagers, the sons of Aris's caretakers, and their kids enjoyed having their milk teas and cupcakes for the first time. I can see amusement in their eyes and immeasurable happiness in their smiles.

While Aris and Ivan have their cups of coffee...Britney and I have our milk teas too.

At around 5 p.m., a man came to Ivan and Aris. Ivan instructed the man to guide the family where to have their sleepover and send them to the bus terminal after breakfast tomorrow morning.