chapter 48 (how could we)

ARIS's POV

3am

Mondragon Medical Center

The operating room door opened, and I saw Dr. Mondragon getting out.

"Governor del Fierro, your sons are now in the incubator, safe. Your wife's head surgery was successful,"

"Thank you, doc,"

"But, let us pray for no complications within three days... But for now, she's in the safe zone... But, she has broken limbs, arms, and legs, aside from head injury,"

I just bow and close my eyes while listening. I can't imagine how Ellie looks.

"She will need therapy for her legs,"

"I'll provide her a therapist,"

"I will be back tomorrow at 7 am unless there are some urgent matters to address, let us pray, there would be none,"

"Yes, doc,"

"So for now, Ellie will be brought to ICU, l will leave now to check the ICU,"

Nanay cried hard when she saw Ellie on the stretcher full of casts... She looks like a mummy. I feel a dagger in my heart.

"What have I done to you, sweetheart,"

"Dad, Mom, Nay, Bimbo, I am sorry. Please take your rest, only one watcher is allowed in the ICU. My driver will bring you to your accommodation,"

"Let me see my daughter first, please,"

We all go to the ICU... Nanay was allowed to enter, after her, Mommy, then Daddy then Bimbo.

"Governor de Fierro, my daughter looks miserable, please have mercy on her... You can return her to me now... Or when she wakes up, and you won't like her anymore because of her physical appearance, please return her to me... I will take care of her until my last breath,"

"Nanay, why call me Governor del Fierro??? You hate me too much Nay? but I can't blame you.  But what you are thinking will not happen... I will take care of Ellie,"

"If ever you now have a change of heart, you love someone else, give her back to me... She already suffered a lot... I don't know what was her fault or wrongdoings that fate is whipping her hard," Nanay said weeping. 

After 3 days in ICU, Ellie was transferred to a private room... She is still unconscious...

I hire a nurse to take over when I need to have my nap.

I heard a knock... Then the door opened. I saw Ivan.