chapter 18 (blessing)

ARIS's POV

We are now in my vacation house in Ned, Lake Sebu. The greenery soothes my troubled soul. The coolness of the wind relaxed my tired spirit. I can hear the splashing of water from the river at the back of our vacation house. The chirping birds sound are music to my ears. When I felt exhausted, I went here... I commune with nature to revitalize. I feel heaven is near here.

"Wow... It's nice here... seems like in Baguio... fogs all around...cool temperature too," Ella

"Been a long time since we haven't visited here, Daddy," Arra

"Yeah,"

"Daddy, why do you seem troubled? Anything wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong ---"

"Then?"

"Let's have our seats there in a garden set under the big mango tree,"

"First I ask apology, Ella, I hope I can find forgiveness in your heart,"

"Why?" Ella

"I made a big mistake to you and your Mommy,"

Ella just stared at me

"Ella, your Mommy and I are husband and wife,"

"You're Mommy's husband?"

"Yes,"

"Ohhhh..."

"I am sorry... I did so many wrong towards your Mommy,"

"I am sorry too twin sister,"

"Why, I am confused," Ella

"It is not the right time for you to know, you are too young to understand," I said

"Tell me little by little Dada, I might understand,"

"Ella --- " I cannot say a word... I started to cry

"Dada, please... what's that?"

"Your Mommy is my wife,"

"Then you are my Daddy? my true Daddy...? I know Daddy Ivan is not my true Daddy. Mommy and Daddy Ivan are true friends,"

"Yes,"

"How?"

"Ella, your Mommy is my wife, and I am her husband,"

"Yes, I understand... but what about my twin sister's Mommy,"

"That's my sin to your Mommy, but your twin sister is not a sin, she doesn't want to be in  the situation,"

"I am sorry Ella, I snatched your Daddy," Arra cried and hugged Ella

"What?"

"I and your Mommy have a misunderstanding, conflicts. I have wrongdoings with your Mom... One day your  Mommy left me when she knew Arra's mommy was pregnant, it was Arra on her tummy... When your Mommy left me, she was also pregnant, and it was you. But that time and months ago, I don't know yet,"

"Then what happens?"

"I search for your Mommy, I cannot find her,"

"ohhh..."

"Then, we meet again in the hotel where you, your Mommy, and your Daddy Ivan have dinner with us, me and Arra because your Daddy Ivan has been my best friend since we were in college,"