Chapter 37

TW 🌶: Knife play, blood play, nipple torment, sensory deprivation, spit play, spanking, whipping, electro stimulation, rope play, fire play, ice play, rope bondage, threesome, double penetration, aftercare (subdrop)
Probably more that I forget about, but you get the idea. Figured since I added so many new ones, I'd warn you first. 😂

When the two arrived back at the compound, Victoria was officially divorced. But she was also a little exhausted. Her mind raced a million miles an hour, thoughts of her being just like her dad. Thoughts of dying alone, Sarah not even being there to watch her life fade away. Thoughts she knew were untrue, but it didn't stop her mind from tormenting her.

Victoria got out of the truck without a word, the exhaustion clearly written all over her face. She knew Steve knew why, that he understood. She knew that was why he wasn't asking if she was okay, he knew the answer, he knew her a little too well. She took his hand, letting him guide her back into the compound and towards the elevators. She was surprised, however, when he led her towards his apartment and not hers. "Steve?" She asked quietly, not even sure what she was asking. But he didn't say a word. He just guided her into his apartment, into his bedroom and onto his bed. He sat her down on the edge of the bed, disappearing into his closet.

Steve came back out of the closet, having stripped his jeans and threw on a simple white t-shirt. He had a spare shirt in hand for Victoria. She sat patiently on the edge of his bed, he could see her chewing at the inside of her cheek, fighting off sleep or nerves. He couldn't tell, probably both he told himself. Without a word, he started to undress her, smiling to himself when she didn't fight him on it, she just helped. He threw her into his shirt and laid down in his bed, opening his arms up for her. He knew a nap wouldn't fix the tired she was dealing with right now, but it was something, and he needed to do something to help her.

Victoria crawled up in the bed, curling herself up against Steve. She felt the safety of his beefy arms wrapping around her, laying her head on his firm chest as she listened to his steady heartbeat in her ear. She wrapped her arm around his waist, clutching onto him tightly as her heart continued to beat out of her chest.

"Sugar, you're going to make yourself sick if you don't calm down." Steve said calmly. His hands started to trail along her back, rubbing every inch of her back he could reach without disturbing her, trying desperately to ease the tension she was carrying.

Victoria let out a rough sigh. His hands felt magical. But she felt like as soon as he'd rub the tension out of her back, it was right back, she didn't know how to stop. She didn't know how to relax. "I don't know why this is happening.." She admitted.

Steve sat up, pulling Victoria onto his lap. He snaked his arms around her protectively, leaning her against his chest. "I do. You're scared, it's okay. You're allowed to be scared, change is hard. But the hard part is over now." He promised her. "Do you want to forget or do you want to be comforted?" He asked.

"I don't see how I could forget.." Victoria said. She laid her head against his shoulder, closing her eyes for a moment. "I keep seeing myself in that hospital bed, the same asshole doctor turning off my ventilator. But I'm alone in the room." She said quietly.

"That's not going to happen. You're never going to be alone again." Steve promised. He climbed out from under Victoria, standing at the edge of the bed while she stared up at him lost. "Take the shirt off." He demanded.

"What?" Victoria asked, staring up at him lost. Was sex really the answer to this? Probably. It was a good way to forget your problems, and a good way to remind herself that Steve wasn't going anywhere. She figured that was shallow thinking, but she was still hot and bothered from their stairwell make-out session. So, she stripped the shirt off, sitting in front of Steve naked. She admired how he stared down at her, his eyes drinking up the sight.