The Vampire's Path (10)

That day for the first time, he missed home, Jungkook had been in the human world for too long without hunting, maybe his parents would be disappointed because Jungkook didn't come back with his fangs and his instinct to hunt humans. Jungkook kept staring out the window that night, he looked here and there, hoping to see his species passing there.

Jin had just finished taking a shower, he came out of the bathroom with his hair wet, of course already in his pajamas but he was still busy drying his hair with a towel. He saw Jungkook who seemed to be watching out the window, these few days, Jungkook had often looked out the window at night and Jin came up to him, he leaned on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Do you miss your home?" Jin said.

"Yes, were my father and mother looking for me all this time?" Jungkook said and Jin was just silent.

"Do you want to return to your world?" Jin lifted his head and turned to Jungkook, making Jungkook look at him too.

"I can't go back because I don't know the way home," Jungkook said.

"If you know the way home you will return to your world?" Jin said.

"Jin, I promised to stay here, I don't want to leave you alone and feel lonely, I don't want Yoongi to come and take my place," Jungkook said and Jin just chuckled.

"You can look for them if you want, go outside and when you find them, return to your world," Jin said.

"What? But-"

"I've kept you here for too long Jungkook, I shouldn't be like this, you still have a family that will worry about your condition, go home where you should be," Jin said.

"I don't want to leave you, I promised," Jungkook immediately hugged Jin tightly, he hugged Jin like a child, with a sullen face, he missed his family, missed his world but he didn't want to leave Jin.

"We better sleep, I'm sleepy because I'm full," Jungkook let go of his hug and yawned before getting on the bed and asking Jin to lie down next to him immediately.

"Come here, don't forget to turn off the light, I like it," Jungkook said and Jin just smiled, he closed the curtains and turned off the light before getting on the bed and laying down beside Jin.

"If you miss home you can go home I'm okay Jungkook" Jin said.

"Don't talk about it anymore, I'm sleepy and did you use another lotion? You smell really good, I like it," Jungkook continued to hug Jin tightly while kissing his cheek and when Jin reversed his position so that their faces were facing each other Jungkook immediately pecked Jin's lips.

"I love you so much Jin, you're so pretty," Jungkook said and Jin never knew if that was true or if he just said it on purpose.

"Go back to your world Jungkook, I'll be waiting for you here," Jin said.

"Why are you bringing it up again?" Jungkook said.

"Because I know how it feels, you can still meet them while I can't, so go home, I beg you, I'm not going anywhere and will be waiting for you here," Jin said.

"Jin—"

"It's okay, you said they always come to my world at midnight right? And it'll be midnight soon, you can go out and look for them," Jin said.

"I don't like this discussion, why do you make me cry often, I've never been this crybaby in my world," Jungkook said.

"Jungkook," Jin covered Jungkook's cheek with his warm hand.

"Don't talk if it will only make me cry even more" Jungkook said and Jin just nodded before he kissed Jungkook, he also went awry too, Jin was afraid that letting Jungkook back into his world would make Jungkook leave him but holding Jungkook here wasn't the right thing either, this is not his home, this is not where he should be.

"I love you too," Jin said as he leaned his forehead against Jungkook, it was the first time Jin said it and Jungkook immediately hugged him tightly.

***

The next morning Jin woke up because of the incoming sunlight, which means the curtains were open Jin opened his eyes but he didn't see anyone there, he immediately sat down on his bed with the thought that Jungkook left him last night, he must have gone to look for his friends or family and returned to his world, Jin too just crying while lowering his head. Does that mean Jin will lose Jungkook forever?

To be continued...