The Mute's Story (3)

Seokjin's POV

At that time my second class started, but in the middle, I had to go out to go to the toilet, I think I drank too much at that time, I went to the toilet at the end of the corridor, there weren't many people there, maybe because they were also still in their class. I entered the toilet and immediately entered the cubicle, I'm not used to peeing in the open. But when I came out I was surprised to see the man again in front of the sink and he was looking at me through the mirror in front of him.

"Well, it seems that we will always meet, isn't that annoying?" the man said.

"Are you following me?" The man said and tried to approach me until I had to go back into the cubicle and he stood at the door, blocking my way out.

"Answer me if you want to get out of here," the man said and I just lowered my head, this has happened to me a lot when I was in school, they always do it in the toilet but it's only the first day for me, can't I get through without being treated like This?

"ANSWER ME, DUMB!" The man said and my body jerked hearing his screams, I was very scared because I was sure I would lose to him, he has an athletic body, not like me.

I lifted my head and gave him my hand language, I apologized to him and begged him to go back to my class. But he just laughed in front of me making me cry, stupid me, I shouldn't cry anymore when I get treated like this. But I'm really afraid that he will do bad things to me.

"I'm going to make you give up on being here because a muddlehead like you doesn't deserve to be here," The man came closer to me while saying that before he came out and made me breathe a sigh of relief.

I immediately returned to class and sat beside Jimin, he turned to me and whispered.

"Why are you taking so long? Are you lost?" Jimin said and I just wrote on my paper.

"No, I'm fine,"

"Are you sure? You're sweating Jin" Jimin says and I touch my forehead, I didn't even realize that my fear was drenched in sweat.

It was my first day, but everything didn't go as smoothly as I hoped, I thought when I was in a classy university like Seoul University, they would focus on themselves and just ignore me, but I prefer to be like that and look at me when I already have money and become successful. But it turns out I was wrong, there are still a lot of bad people like that guy here and that means I have to go through it again and again.

I felt very tired after my fourth class ended, so I decided to go straight back to the dormitory and split up with Jimin, of course, rich people like him can't possibly live in campus dormitories, they will choose to live in apartments that are not so far from campus. I don't have roommates either, one bed beside mine is still empty, but they said someone will occupy it next week. I hope he's not one of those bad people who will insult me.

Me and Jimin exchanged phone numbers, I reminded him if he can't call me, because  I won't be able to answer his words, having a friend like Jimin on the first day is the only best thing I got today.

When I entered my room, I immediately dropped my body on the bed with a sigh and closed my eyes, I got a free dinner at the dorm cafeteria, so I don't need to be confused about what to eat tonight. I was so tired but I couldn't sleep, then I thought of my father and my two younger brothers. I opened my eyes and immediately took the phone from my bag.

From Jin: Dad, I just finished my first day of college, it's tiring but you know what? today I got a new friend, no but I got a friend. His name is Jimin, he greeted me first and didn't run away when he found out that I was mute, I'm so happy to be able to find good people besides my family.

From Daddy: Thankfully, me and your brothers are so worried, but I'm grateful that you're happy to be there, are you having any difficulties?

From Jin: No, Dad. I already miss you all

From Daddy: We miss you too Jin, take care of yourself and call me if you need anything.

From Jin: Okay Dad, I love you

From Daddy: I love you too son

I closed my eyes again, I couldn't possibly make my father worry by saying that today I was having a hard time, but that was only because of that man. I hope I don't meet him tomorrow.

***

Time for dinner, after taking a shower I went out of my room to go to the dorm cafeteria which is next to the dorm building. I don't think many people eat there because the place isn't that crowded, I started to enter the line and took my tray of food. One by one my plate was filled and I sat at a table, alone.

I'm texting Taehyung, and while I'm eating my dinner I miss them so much, usually, I never eat dinner alone but from now on that's what I'll do.

From Taehyung: Hyung, I'll sleep in your room tonight, I miss you, do they treat you well there?

From Jin: Of course, they're all nice to me so you don't have to worry, and you can sleep in my bed whenever you want.

From Taehyung: Namjoon Hyung is also applying for a scholarship in London, he is very crazy about studying, but I'm sure he will easily get the scholarship, he always gets what he wants

From Jin: Then how about you? Have you searched for where you are going to study music?

From Taehyung: I don't think I'm going to go to music school hyung, it's too expensive and I don't want to burden Dad with the fee.

From Jin: How much is the fee?

From Taehyung: $35,000 and $10,000 per month

From Jin: I will work part-time while here, if my money is collected I will pay it for you

From Taehyung: No hyung, you also have to focus on your studies, don't let your grades drop because it will affect your scholarship, I don't want to bother anyone, besides I can go to school anywhere, I don't have a problem.

From Jin: But singing is your hobby and becoming a musician is your dream, I don't want you to be discouraged because you can't achieve your dream

From Taehyung: Hyung, I love you, and now focus on your future, don't worry about me, Namjoon Hyung or Daddy, we're fine here, and remember, you also have dreams hyung, so chase your dreams, that way I'll be proud to be your brother, and always will be.

Reading Taehyung's message touched my heart and I didn't realize that my tears were just like that, I was lucky to be born into this family, I have nothing but them.

To be continued...