The Mute's Story (2)

Seokjin's POV

I entered my first class, and there were already a lot of people in there, I just saw where the empty seat was and immediately sat there, I didn't sit in the front row, I just sat in the back row, but it didn't matter to me because I could still see it. Someone sat beside me, I just looked at him and went back to looking at the book on my desk.

"Hi, I'm Jimin, and you?" The man greeted me, but I couldn't reply to his words, I immediately wrote in my book and showed it to him.

"I'm sorry, but I'm mute, I'm Jin, nice to meet you," the man said, he read the paper I gave him and smiled at me, usually those who know I'm mute will walk away without saying anything, but he's different.

"It's okay, we can be friends right?" Jimin said and I was so touched by his words. I took the paper from him and wrote other words then gave it back to him.

"Thank you, you're the only one who wants to be friends with me, I hope I don't disappoint you,"

"Yeah, I hope we can become friends and not let each other down," Jimin said and I just smiled, I felt happy at that time, this is a new thing that I got, which is a friend.

My first class is over, I still have time to eat lunch before going to my second class, haven't I told you yet? I entered in business major, I don't know what I do after but it's easier than other majors, for me.

Jimin and I went to the cafeteria, which was on the ground floor, he walked beside me confidently, he also looked like a rich man, he was very sweet and smelled good. When we arrived at the cafeteria, we sat at a table for 4 people, he sat in front of me.

"Jin what do you want to eat? I'll order some for you" Jimin says and I write on my paper.

"Oh no, I don't want to bother you, I'll order it myself, you can order it first,"

"Aish, this isn't a bother, but helping you, I'll buy something tasty and healthy for you, wait here, okay?" Jimin said and left.

I was looking back and forth when my eyes met the man who was yelling at me this morning, I immediately lowered my head because I didn't want him to see me. But suddenly someone sat in front of me and two other people stood behind me holding my shoulders.

"Hey dumb, we meet again," The man said.

"Oh I forgot, you can't greet me right?" The man said and I just lowered my head.

"Look at me, I'm here not there," The man says and I lift my head slowly.

"What's your name?" The man said and I wrote my name on the paper and then showed it.

"Jin? Interesting." The man said.

"We'll be seeing more often Jin, so don't get tired of seeing me." The man said and asked his two friends to leave. I often meet people like him but he is different, even seeing his face I'm afraid. He also has a lot of tattoos on his arms, I also saw piercings on his eyebrows and lips. Is he mad because I accidentally bumped into him this morning?

***

After lunch, we both decided to wait for the next class in a library, I saw Jimin carrying a lot of books about business and I only took one, we sat at a table in the corner of the room, it was comfortable there, I liked it.

"What are you reading?" Jimin said and I showed him the title of the book I was reading.

"You want to open a restaurant?" Jimin said and I just nodded.

"Can you cook?" Jimin said and I took my paper.

"Yeah, I'll make lunch for you next time,"

"Oh really? okay, I'll wait for it" Jimin said and he smiled at me, apparently there are still people as good as him, and I'm grateful that he wants to be my friend.

But the comfort didn't last long, because I saw that man was in there, why is he always everywhere?

The man looked at me and just grinned while waving his hand at me, but I immediately lowered my head.

"Jin, what's wrong?" Jimin said and I turned to him who sat across from me, I just shook my head. I hope that guy doesn't bother me anymore, because there's no point bothering a mute like me either.

To be continued...