The Ice Prince & His Moon (8)

Jin couldn't even sleep that night, he was really surprised by what the Prince did to him, all this time he always kept feeling in his heart for the Prince, but he never once hoped that those feelings would be reciprocated because he was enough to know yourself, he's just a royal guard, what could he dream of? The prince fell in love with him? impossible. But that night, when his lips touched Jin's, maybe that was the answer that nothing was impossible.

His heart seemed to stop beating at that moment, when the prince pulled himself up and looked at Jin, Jin's eyes were still wide open and fixed in his position. He still couldn't believe what had just happened, he was completely speechless.

Since Jin had trouble sleeping that night, he decided to go to the stables, it was too early to be there as it was very cold at that time. He entered Dream's stable, he just stroked his horse with a mind that was somewhere else.

"Jin, wake up" Jin's eyes opened when he heard someone calling him, it was Soobin, he was shocked and stood up straight away, he didn't realize he fell asleep in the stables last night.

"Oh god, Soobin, what are you doing here?" Jin said.

"What are you doing here? Why are you sleeping here? You can catch a cold" Soobin said.

"Ah I couldn't sleep last night and I came here and it turns out I fell asleep here," Jin said and Soobin smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" Jin said and Soobin touched Jin's hair, making Jin speechless.

"You have straw in your hair, you better take a shower and get ready, I'll feed Dream," Soobin said.

"Yeah, thanks Soobin, I'll get ready right away and help you," Jin said and Soobin's eyes fell on Jin's back.

"Your Highness?" Soobin said and Jin turned to look at him.

"What are you guys doing here so early?" The prince said it was still too early for them to be there because there were no plans that day.

"We--"

"We're cleaning out the stables," Jin said.

"This early?" Prince said.

"I have to check something else, I'm sorry Your Highness," Soobin said and Soobin came out of the cage.

"Me too your highness," Jin said and as Jin passed him, the Prince took his hand, making him stop.

"You haven't even changed your clothes yet, what are you and him doing here so early?" Prince said.

"Nothing happened, I just fell asleep here and he woke me up Your Highness," Jin said and lowered his head, making the Prince turn towards him.

"What? Did you fall asleep here? why?" Prince said but Jin was silent.

"Hey, what's wrong?" When the prince wanted to touch his face, Jin immediately avoided it.

"Your Highness, don't be like this, I don't want the other guards to misunderstand what we are doing, you are a prince." Jin looked at him with teary eyes.

"Then what if I'm a Prince?" Prince said.

"That means you can't be with a guard like me, Princess Nayeon is the best for you," Jin said.

"I can't even judge who is better, why can you say she is the best for me?" The Prince said and Jin's tears fell.

"I can't," Jin said, Prince looked at him and wiped away the tears before taking Jin into his arms and making Jin cry even more.

"Are you crying because you also feel what I feel?" The prince said Jin didn't answer him, he just cried because he was afraid, he was afraid that this expectation was too high for him.

"It's okay, cry if that's the answer to my question," Prince hugged him even tighter.

***

After getting ready, Jimin met him in the room, he knocked on the door and peeked into Jin's room.

"Morning," Jimin said.

"Hey, come in," Jin said.

"You didn't come home last night? I didn't see you," Jimin said.

"Ah I fell asleep in the stables," Jin said.

"Do you love horses that much? I made breakfast for you, let's eat, the others have already gone to the guardhouse, but I'm waiting for you to get ready to have breakfast together" Jimin said and they walked out of the room to their dining table.

"Jin, I heard that you went with the Prince to the kingdom of Arcelia, did they discuss their wedding?" Jimin said.

"Huh? Oh no, we're just going out riding into the night, but I don't know if they had time to discuss it or not," Jin said.

"They should have discussed it, yesterday I overheard King Jeon's conversation with his wife and they have already set a wedding date for Prince and Princess Nayeon," Jimin said, and yes Jin already knew that from Irene before.

"I didn't even hear anything about that," Jin said.

"And you know what? They're getting married in a week, after Moon Day," Jimin said and Jin fell silent.

"Jimin, I forgot, I have to check Dream's condition and the others, so I'll go first, thanks for the breakfast, it's good, really," Jin said and left.

To be continued...