The Vampire's Path (12)

"What have you been doing all this time huh? You're not hunting you're just hiding in that house! Are you that stupid huh? You're a Vampire and humans are your prey, you living with them but not biting them is like—"

"Enough Dad, how many times do I have to say I can't drink human blood, I've tried it I know how it feels but I don't like it and my fangs don't grow either, if humans are my prey how to provoke my fangs to appear I should already have it now, I living with him and sleeping beside him every day but nothing has changed!" Jungkook said.

"Jungkook, you have to stop defending him, he's human and you shouldn't fall in love with him! You are endangering our world," Mrs. Jeon said.

"Then don't bring me back to this world, I may be a Vampire but he accepts me as I am, I don't deserve to be in this world with all my flaws, my heart is not as strong as you when dealing with humans, I can't even see him hurt, let alone gotta bite him so don't even bother him or it's me you'll face," Jungkook said.

"I raised my son the wrong way, I should have let you in that world from the start, letting you know how lucky you are to be able to taste their blood for your life," Mr. Jeon said.

"It seems I'm much luckier because I don't feel their blood for my own life, I know their lives aren't as long as ours, but their lives are much more meaningful because they will always be grateful every day, unlike us who are greedy and think of our own lives even though we don't have even drinking their blood you can live forever, look at me, 250 years of living with pig blood, it doesn't make me weak in the slightest, so I think you have to change that mindset, Dad, "Jungkook said.

"Do you realize what you're talking to me Jungkook? You're a Vampire with or without your fangs! But you talk like a human, it's not wrong that their life will end quickly, and you don't have to feel sorry for them because that's life. Jungkook, living in this world is a matter of hunting or dying, and in their world, there is only kill or be killed, stay here! And think carefully if you care about him," Mr. Jeon said and left his son with his wife.

"I'm disappointed in you, why are you like this? Did that human make you like this?" Mrs. Jeon said.

"Can you stop blaming other people Mom and look how bad your son is, it wasn't me who wanted to go to that world, I was thrown into that world and he saved me! I'm afraid of humans, and I can't hunt animals because the forest is very far from there, if it wasn't for him I might have died, but he tried to help me with whatever blood he had when you forced me to live forever and feel the world forever, he's worried about me if I can live forever, I love him, Mom, since the first time I saw him, and that's what he's afraid of, he's not afraid of me, he doesn't even scream when I suck his blood, he doesn't bother when I sleep with him, he doesn't get annoyed when I kissed him even after I drank my blood! Only he never complains to me and accepts me for who I am, he knows one day I might kill him, he knows that but that's not what he's afraid of!" Jungkook looked annoyed at that time.

"Jungkook-"

"He's afraid I'll be hurt when I lose him, for choosing eternal life and I'm sick of this life!" Jungkook left his mother and entered his room, the sound of a door slamming was heard and made his mother flinch.

Jungkook was never like that to his parents, his attitude was like a child, but at that time the other side was seen. Jungkook who is like a baby is no longer visible in the eyes of his parents. But he's still an adorable baby to Jin.

***

A month passed and Jin was still waiting at his house, he always looked out his bedroom window at midnight hoping he could see Jungkook coming but he never came. It felt so lost, there was a part of Jin that was missing and it felt so empty. Jin always thinks about what Jungkook is doing in his world, whether his fangs have grown or not, whether he still drinks animal blood, and so on.

Every time Jin sleeps, he always remembers Jungkook who will hug him from behind while nuzzling his head at Jin. The hug felt cold, because of his body. But Jin has never had a problem with it and has slept soundly, but not in the past month. Even though the room was much warmer but Jin didn't like that warmth.

Every time Jin went into the kitchen and opened the fridge he saw lots of bags of blood that Jungkook hadn't drunk yet. Jungkook promised to come back to finish it so he wouldn't waste the blood and would keep waiting until Jungkook came.

Every time Jin sits in front of the TV, he will always remember how adorable Jungkook was who asked to be spoiled by Jin who was focused on his movie. He would do anything to make Jin's attention only focus on him, Jungkook, who loved kissing Jin's face, finally succeeded in getting Jin's attention back to him.

That night it was very late, and Jin was just about to close his shop, that night was very cold, before that Yoongi said he would come to have dinner together and Jin agreed. He was very lonely alone at home for days so he accepted Yoongi's offer to have dinner together. Jin intends to go to the supermarket before going home, some ingredients are out of stock and he needs to buy them.

Jin shopped comfortably, but on the way to his house, Jin felt like someone was watching him. At first, Jin just ignored that feeling because the streets were quite busy that night, so he didn't need to worry that something would happen to him. But over time the feeling got worse. Jin felt that someone was following him and made him stop.

And when he turned around to see who was following him, suddenly he felt that hug. Making Jin speechless with his shopping bag that he still held tightly in his hand.

"I miss you so much," Tears immediately flowed down Jin's cheeks and he immediately let go of his shopping bag to hug the man who was hugging him, he closed his eyes and kissed Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook released his hug to see Jin in front of him, he wiped Jin's tears and showed his adorable smile.

"Did I make you wait too long?" Jungkook said and Jin nodded.

"Do you miss me?" Jin nodded again.

"Why didn't you say anything? I want to hear your voice, let me hear your voice," Jungkook put his ear to Jin and Jin approached him.

"Don't ever leave me again," Jin whispered in a cracked voice and Jungkook immediately kissed him and made Jin not hesitate to return the kiss.

Jin knows what it's like to live without Jungkook, even if it's only for a moment, but it's much more painful than his life before meeting Jungkook, maybe because the days that Jungkook gave were very memorable and hard to forget. His memories seemed to unite in every corner of Jin's house and he chose not to lose the vampire again.

"I will never leave you again, I promise," Jungkook hugged Jin tightly to show the seriousness of his words.

To be continued...