Chapter 11.

BANG, BANG, BANG

Someone is beating the shit out of my door. What is happening? Who the fuck is it? What time is it? I grab my phone and see it's 10:33 am.

Ok.

'What the fuck!' I half yell.

'Get up and put your dick away. There is someone at the door for you!' Hunter yells through the door.

Who the fuck is at the door for me? No one comes here to see me, I make sure of that. My family? I think Hunter would have said that and let them in. I'm so confused. But I roll out of bed, grab some sweatpants, put them on, and grab my phone.

I text Lenny to see how she is, where she's at, and if she needs anything (cause she never texted me back last night) while I walk down the hall toward the front door.

Chase yells at me from the kitchen while I walk by. 'Where the fuck is Lenyx, Riv?!'

I yell back at him while I'm opening the front door. 'You better not fucking start with me, asshole.'

I lift my head to see who's there and fuck me, it's Briar. Looking gorgeous as always. I smile at her and she smiles back. Ah, shit. I'm not wearing a shirt and she noticed. She is checking me out while I'm checking her out.

Remember when I said I liked the way it felt when Lenny was looking at me while I was naked? Yeah, this is a way better feeling. I run my hand through my hair while I lean down to kiss her on the cheek.

'Hey, darlin. How are you? Do you wanna come in?' I open the door wider and move out of the way so she can step in. I didn't ask what she is doing here because she doesn't ever need a reason.

She says. 'I'd love to, thank you'.

When she steps in I place my hand on the small of her back and close the door as we move further into my apartment. I look down at her and she is blushing. It's adorable.

'Are you thirsty? Would you like something to drink? I was going to grab some water.'

She looks up at me with a smile and says. 'Yeah, water would be great.'

We walk over to the kitchen and Chase must have seen me because I hear him say. 'Honestly, River. Where the fuck is my girlfriend? What did yo-'

He stops talking as soon as he sees me walk in with Briar. I ignore him and go to the fridge while Briar goes over to the island.

'Regular or coconut.' I hold up the options for Briar to see.

'Do you have pineapple coconut water?' She asks me.

I smile at her. 'That's the only kind worth having'. I swap the plain water and grab another coconut.

Chase is just staring at her like a fucking creep.

As I walk over to Briar and give her the coconut water, I notice she has my sweatpants in her hand. I smile at her again and take them from her. 'Thank you for washing them, you really didn't have to.'

Last night she made me take them off so she could wash them AND went to my truck to grab my shorts. I walked her the whole way though, with one of her towels around my waist.

After I control my googly eyes for Briar, I turn to Chase.

'You.' I point at him. 'Don't even fucking start with me. I don't know where Lenny is. She wasn't here when I got home last night. And if you don't know where she is then I guess it's cause she doesn't want you to know.'

'Don't fucking play me, River. I know you know where she is! Check her location since she NEVER let me have it. What the fuck did you say to her to make her hate me?'