Chapter 37.

I know Chase told me to wait for River to come to me. River himself said to wait for him to come to me, but I can't. Now that I had the big fucking picture explained, I can't stand that she is using him. Stepping into the guest bathroom, I wash my face and decide it's now or never.

I walk down the hall and see that his door is closed.

Don't freak out Briar, it's ok. It's all going to be ok. Deep breath. Don't fucking cry because you need to walk in there being a STRONG badass bitch

Head held high!

I reach the door and try the knob, it's open. I slowly open the door and I don't hear anything in his room, so they must be in the bathroom.

Walking in, I close the door as quietly as I can. It fucking smells like shame and life-ruining decisions were made in here. Oh, that's right cause far too many of those decisions were made in a very small amount of time.

Ok, they are in the shower. It doesn't sound like they are having sex, it just sounds like they are chatting with the water on.

You can do this, Bri. It's now or fucking never.

I take a deep breath and open the bathroom door so it squeaks. That works. They both look at me with confused faces. River is sitting on the bench and Lenyx is in his lap.

Rivers face changes to something like sorrow, maybe? While Lenyx turned into rage.

'Sorry, I don't mean to interrupt' I spoke quietly.

'Well, you are.' Lenyx snaps back.

'I apologize, I was just getting worried and I wanted to know if the drugs you gave River are out of his system yet. We were googling, out in the living room cause we actually are all concerned about what you gave him and if it will affect his football career. But we couldn't really find info on what you said was hybrid X, right? Do you have any other info on it so we can try to prepare for the fallout of him poppin hot for the drug test that he'll be taking Monday?'

'What?' River says very, very surprised and he looks at Lenyx. But she was only looking at me, fuming at me, and BOOM, she explodes.

'You fucking cunt! How da-.'

Is all she could get out because River is holding her by the neck with her feet barely on the ground. He turns off the shower and puts her feet on the ground so she can breathe.

'Lenny, what is she talking bout?' River asks her.

'Babe, really! You're going to believe Prudence Briar over me?! Come on, River. She can't keep up with you sexually like I can, I just proved that.'

My heart shatters for this man. His face says it all. He knows what I'm saying it true. He pushes her up against the shower wall and applies pressure to her neck.

'That is not what I asked!' He yells at her. 'Did you fucking drug me, Lenyx?'

She didn't even try to say a word. River looks at me with a completely broken look. 'Briar, what do you know and how do you know this? Please, tell me.' He begs

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

'Umm, it's a really tangled web of bullshit. But she brought the drugs. She knew she was going to take some, I didn't want to take any, and she helped me believe that we should have an option for you in case you needed/wanted it to go along with "my plan" but it was her plan the whole time.

She mixed your drugs in Gatorade because that's something you wouldn't think twice about. But what I can't figure out is if you accidentally drank it cause you saw Gatorade, were thirsty, and drank it. OR if she gave you the Gatorade. That's all I know about the drugs but regardless you need to go to the hospital, ASAP.'