Chapter 27.

I pick Briar up bridal style with her ass facing the right. That way no one should see it because we are going out the back. And her ass is totally out. Unlocking the door. We each take a deep breath and I open it. Luckily no one is around. Turning to the right, I follow the hallway and open the emergency exit.

Taking a big deep breath in, I've never felt more alive.

I stop right when we get to the car and I just bury my face in Briar's neck. Feeling extremely emotional, I just let it out. Briar immediately kicks her legs for me to put her down, which I do. Leaning against the car she pulls me into her chest.

'River, are you ok? What is wrong? Are you hurts?' She asks me with so much concern in her voice it make me cry just a little bit harder. I am literally sobbing into my girlfriend's amazing cleavage in the middle of a parking lot in LA. What the fuck is wrong with me?!

'I just so in love with you. I don't know what I did to deserve you but I don't. I don't deserve you. You are way too good for me. I'm not supposed to feel like this. I'm not supposed to feel all these emotions.'

'River. Look at me.' She commands. Fuck, alright. That was sexy. I take a step back and look at her, trying to get a handle on my emotions.

'I never, ever want to hear you say anything like that again. I understand that the last few days have been a lot, love. You can cry and get your feels out however you need to, as long as it's in a healthy way. But I will not let you say anything bad about the love of my life, ever again.

Our relationship is something completely new, you have never done this before. Fuck, I've never done this before. Not like this, not with this intensity and this much love.

You have nothing to worry about. I have no standards or expectations about anything. All I ask is that you just be you with me, all the way. Because that's how I'm trying so hard to be with you, just me, completely.

I am not comparing you to my past relationships and I never will because being with you for the last few days has meant more to me than the years I spent with those douche bags. Stop overthinking everything, River.

My running shoes are off and dusty at the bottom of my closet. And while I can run in heels, you are not going to chase me away. Just be you, say what you want to say. If there is a problem, we will stop and discuss what the issue is.

We will communicate. Aside from being blatantly rude and disrespectful, which I don't see happening, I don't think we will have a problem. But if and when we do I will let you know and I hope you do the same.

That's how we learn and grow with each other. How we are right now is not how we will be when the semester starts. This is not how we will be when we graduate. This is not how we will be when we hopefully get engaged and married and have an army full of little Rivers running around.

I love you. I am so deeply in fucking love with you that I have never felt anything like this before. This is all new to me, too. We are in this together, Riv. And that's exactly where I wanna be.'

Well, I stopped crying. Now I'm just staring at my future in complete and utter amazement. I step up to her and pin her against the car. Touching her, in any way, just makes me feel better.

'As much as I would like to say I'm sorry for what just happened, I'm not going to. I will never apologize for how I feel and you better not ever, either.

Whenever I have thought about you since I showed up at you apartment the other night, I always come back to the fact that you were fucking made for me. You are exactly the kind of partner I need in my life and you are the partner I want in my life.