Chapter 60.

I drop the weights and tell Hunter it's his turn and that I need to take this call.

Running over to my stuff, I grab my phone and go out of the weight room.

R: 'Hey Courtney, sorry I'm out of breath, I got wrapped up in training and forgot you were going to be calling.'

I laugh and she does, too.

C: 'Hey, Mr. Blankenship. It's not a problem at all. Would you like to give me a call back later?'

R: 'Please, call me River, and no, now is fine. I take it that William has filled you in on a lot of information. First, I just want to confirm that you want to be my PA. If not, you are more than welcome to stay with William.'

Wiping off my sweaty face and neck with a towel, I listen to her reply.

C: 'Thank you for asking how I feel about the situation. However, as I told Mr. Kensington, I would be happy to help you and to become your personal assistant. I have thoroughly enjoyed the work I have done at the firm. I have been able to gather useful knowledge and multi-management techniques. But I am interested in working with someone on a more personal scale. Working with you will be something that I will find extremely fulfilling. My goal has always been to work for a wonderful family.'

R: 'I am beyond relieved to hear you say that. I didn't want you to feel forced into transferring to me. Ok, the main things I need you to handle are:

1. Make sure Glen transferred your salary plus 10%.
2. Order Briar's new car and get the windows tinted.
3. Make sure you get with Mitch about the property transactions. My dad was able to get all the paperwork signed for me, earlier today. Let him know that you will be the first point of contact for anything involving the properties. Cecelia, Terry, etc..
4. Help me not lose my mind while I have to be away from the hospital.

Do you have any questions or concerns? How about brunch tomorrow at 11 am at Blue Door?'

C: 'Yes, the first 3 were the items I have on my list. I will make sure those are accompanied before we meet tomorrow. If you need me, please feel free to call or text me at any time.'

R: 'Thank you so much, Courtney. I'll see you soon.'

After hanging up with Courtney, I feel much better. Slightly relieved that we are going to have some help with getting things done. Thank you, William!

PA: Courtney Saunders 😇 🩵
Saved

Ok, I feel like I can breathe slightly easier. Just slightly.

Hunter's P.O.V.

It's been 1 month since Briar's accident. To say the last 4 weeks have been long and fast at the same time would be an understatement.

Chase and I are doing well. Extremely well, actually. We may or may not have gotten married right after we talked with River. It's amazing. Being married to the love of my life is unbelievable. I am a little regretful that we waited so long to be together, but I won't take our time together for granted.

Football is going well. River started out a little rusty, getting back into the game for our scrimmages. But since the first game, he's been aces. It's nice to see that he can still focus on football. I think it helps keep his mind off of why Briar hasn't woken up yet.

Chase and I have also been on fire when we are out on the field. NFL scouts and coaches have been in the stands non-stop. Things are looking good for our careers.