Chapter 49.

'Darlin, I swear on everything that Hannah is lying. I NEVER slept with her. That baby is not mine. The timeline does not match up at all. I met her right before Valentine's Day, not in January. I mean unless sperm can live after you vomit? Can they? Fuck! That's the only way. I never used a condom because again we never had sex, so it's not like she got my sperm from there. And I'm sorry, but I always finished in her mouth, she always swallowed everything. Fuck, love, I don't know what to do. I'm so fucking sorry.'

I immediately start freaking out and spewing information out of my mouth as soon as I park in my parking spot at the apartment. Fuck, I can't breathe. I'm trying not to cry. First Lenyx and now this bullshit with Hannah. I won't be surprised if Briar fucking leaves me.

Trying to get some air in my lungs, I feel small little hands grab my face and turn my head. Looking at Briar, she seems so calm while I am the exact opposite.

'River.' She says so sweetly. 'Love, you need to calm down. We will figure this all out. I knew from the moment she opened her mouth that she was lying. I trust you, sweetheart. When you catch your breath, we will call William, ok?' She says while I nod.

I close my eyes and just breathe.

This is so fucked up. I can't believe this. When I finally feel calm enough, I open my eyes and see Briar looking into my soul. She really knows the truth. She reaches over and captures my lips in a wonderful, tender kiss.

'I'm not going anywhere, River James. Ever.' She whispers against my lips. Then I completely break. I snatch her over the console and put her in my lap. I start sobbing and bury my head into her neck. We are hugging each other so tightly that we might actually become one person.

'Please don't leave me. I just got you.' I sob. 'I don't know why this is happening. I guess I deserve it for the way I was with all those women.'

'Shhhh, love. I'm not going anywhere, I promise. We will get this all figured out. You don't deserve this, at all.' She soothes me. After a couple of minutes, I finally stop crying like a little bitch. Sitting up, I grab my phone out of my pocket and dial William's number.

'Hey brother, how's it going?' William greets me on the line.

I laugh a little. 'Hey, man. I hate to be calling with another problem. But I think I should ask this first, are you like my lawyer? Should I ask Aunt Ashley? How does this work?'

'Of course, I'd be happy to be your lawyer! As you know, I don't have much experience in the sports side of the law but I can learn. I'm more than willing to be your lawyer if you'll have me.' He says.

'Does that go for me, too, William?' Briar asks.

'Absolutely, baby sister. I will always have your back.' We can hear him laugh a little. 'Ok, I have a feeling that is not the reason I received a call. What can I help you with, River?'

After explaining everything that happened to William, he agreed to help. He also stated that since this is my final year and pre-season is underway, I need to build a management team. A manager and agent that he can work with to help me handle my business and stupid shit like this. He is looking into that, too.

Bless William and all his help!

He confirmed that I didn't know Hannah before I met her at the bar that first time and got her number. His tech guy is going to look into my phone/phone records to see when I added Hannah's number. As well as, the communication history we had with each other, which is mostly text.

William also said that it's a great idea I go to the appointment with her on Wednesday, even though I would rather coach drill me into the ground all day. But from the appointment, I can get the info needed for the paternity test that will most definitely be taking place before anything else happens.