New rules of war

In the aftermath of the destruction caused by World War III and the loss of the original Geneva Convention, NATO and SATO came together to establish new rules of war to govern the conduct of nations during conflicts. These new rules were designed to uphold human rights, protect civilians, and prevent the use of certain weapons and tactics that cause unnecessary suffering and destruction. Some of the rules included in the new conventions were inspired by the principles of the original Geneva Convention, while others were adapted to address the unique challenges and realities of the post-war world.

Some of the key provisions in the new conventions include:

Rule #1) Protection of Civilians: Both NATO and SATO agreed to prioritize the protection of civilians during armed conflicts. Deliberate attacks on civilian populations, infrastructure, and essential services were strictly prohibited.

Rule #2) Prohibition of Certain Weapons: The use of certain weapons that cause excessive suffering or have indiscriminate effects, such as chemical, biological, and radiological weapons, was banned. Nations also agreed to limit the use of landmines and cluster munitions.

Rule #3) Treatment of Prisoners of War: Rules regarding the treatment of captured soldiers were reinforced, ensuring that prisoners of war are treated humanely and in accordance with international law.

Rule #4) Non-Combatant Immunity: Non-combatants, including medical personnel and journalists, were granted immunity from direct attacks as long as they are not taking a direct part in hostilities.

Rule #5) No Reprisals: The practice of reprisals against enemy combatants or civilians was strictly forbidden. Retaliatory actions that cause disproportionate harm were not allowed.

Rule #6) Protection of Cultural Property: Special provisions were made to protect cultural and historical landmarks from deliberate attacks or destruction during armed conflicts.

Rule #7) Rules for Asymmetrical Warfare: The conventions addressed the challenges of asymmetrical warfare, ensuring that the principles of proportionality and distinction between combatants and non-combatants were upheld in such scenarios.

Rule #8) Environmental Protection: Environmental damage caused by armed conflicts was to be minimized, and parties were expected to take all feasible precautions to avoid harm to the environment.

Rule #9) Compliance and Accountability: Nations agreed to hold their forces accountable for any violations of the conventions and to cooperate with international bodies investigating alleged war crimes.

These new conventions aimed to promote a more humane and responsible approach to warfare, recognizing the need for stronger protections for civilians and the environment. By adhering to these rules, NATO and SATO sought to create a more just and principled framework for conducting armed conflicts in a post-war world.

The only ones that follow these rules are:

NATO

SATO

Republic of New Menagerie

The Kingdom of Vale

The Kingdom of Vacuo

It's commendable that NATO, SATO, the Republic of New Menagerie, the Kingdom of Vale, and the Kingdom of Vacuo are committed to following the new rules of war and upholding international humanitarian law. By adhering to these principles, they demonstrate a commitment to protecting civilians, minimizing suffering, and promoting a more ethical approach to armed conflicts.

Following these rules helps to reduce the impact of war on civilian populations and prevent unnecessary suffering. It also reinforces the importance of accountability and responsibility for actions taken during armed conflicts.

However, it's worth noting that in reality, compliance with international humanitarian law can vary depending on the situation and the actors involved. Unfortunately, not all parties in armed conflicts may adhere to these rules, leading to violations and challenges in holding perpetrators accountable.

The international community plays a crucial role in monitoring and enforcing compliance with these rules, and efforts are continually made to promote their widespread adoption and implementation. By respecting and adhering to these principles, nations can contribute to a safer and more just world during times of conflict.