Baby

Your parents had insisted on looking over your daughter which you didn't hesitate to agree. You had to admit, you love your daughter a blessing really but it's gotten a point in your life where you just need that fresh breath of air. Even if it means your time be spent running errands. Much like you, your husband was on the same page. Endless nights from both work and parenting takes a toll on a person. The eye bags on both yours and his face have gotten visibly deeper along with the noticeable fatigue. And as you drop off your daughter with one last kiss to her adorable little head, the two of you were off.

Target. The store where there's practically everything one could possibly need. You enter wearing baggy sweats and lose t-shirt. Hair in a messy bun as you start looking over your grocery list, for the lack of time the list has gotten rather long. Jaehyun by your side as he took the responsibility in maneuvering the cart. "Eggs, Milk, Diapers, Paper Towels..." as the two of you go aisle by aisle you felt yourself at ease for the time being. For a while it seemed like it was only you two. Just how it was only a year ago. It still feels odd to think you're a mother now. Staring down at your hand and seeing the pearly white Diamond glimmering on your ring finger, shifting your eyes and seeing Jaehyun's as well. Feeling his elbow nudge you, you look up at him. A soft smile on his face as he tilts his head at you. "You okay? You kinda spaced out on me." Chuckling lightly you nod, "I'm good. You got the formula?" "Right here. Oh look they have my socks I wear." Letting him walk off to inspect the aisle of socks, you check off the formula on your list. Waiting for your husband to choose a pair of socks took quite a while, too long you might say. And just before you're about ready to hurry him up you hear the cry of a baby behind you.

Turning and seeing a mother had been strolling by, picking up her son as she consoles him. You can't help but smile at the scene, until you stopped. With wide eyes, you turn to face your husband. "Jae gimme your hoodie." Not turning to face you he responds, "Baby didn't I say to bring a sweater? I told you it was gonna be cold." He snorts wincing when you leave a rather hard smack on his bicep. Looking back, his eyes widen when he sees you clenching your chest. "Are you...?" "Yes Jae, I'm lactating!" The sound of a baby's cry has left a wet patch on your through your shirt.

Yay on motherhood.

Quick to take his hoodie off, he covers you from any passerby's. "Can't believe this is happening." Hearing Jaehyun chuckle, you send him a glare as you are left uncomfortably soaked. "Lets just get the rest of the groceries and get out of here." You tell him annoyedly, and without another word he grabs his socks and quickly puts it in the cart.

With every passing second spent in Target was just another second your poor breasts were being filled with milk. And as the thought came in, the realization settled. "God I forgot the breast pump is broken." You say, "It's alright we can go grab another it'll be the last thing before checking out." Nodding the two of you make your way out. About to enter the aisle you're forcibly knocked into another person walking out in a hurry. Clutching your chest in pain by the sudden pressure. "Excuse you!" Jaehyun shouts when he sees the woman simply walk by without even acknowledging your presence. Rolling his eyes at her, his irritated expression changes immediately of one of worry. "You okay baby?" Out of words to say from the pain you simply nod and wave him off. Instead you merely point at the breast pump. "Right." Grabbing it and putting it in the cart, he wraps an arm around your waist and helps you move. By the time the two of you made it outside, you didn't wait for Jaehyun and instead grabbed the box with the pump and ran straight to the passengers seat.

A grin on his face as he watched you, wearing slides and holding your chest as you struggled to open the door, looking up at him and seeing he had the keys held up for you to see. "Open it!" He hears you yell in which he snorts and does so. By the time he's done filling the trunk with the grocery bags, he gets in and sees you almost filling a bottle full of breast milk. "Did not think it'd get swollen so quickly." You moan in pain as you try to massage the tender breast. Sending you a sympathetic smile he leans in and kisses you. "Love you." He mumbles on your lips. "Yeah yeah-" You say trying to not put much attention to the obvious heat your face was getting from his words. Years later and still he had you a blushing mess. Hearing him laugh, he leans further and presses a kiss on your boob. Buckling in, he turns on the ignition and looks over at you. "Want Starbucks? Heard it's okay to have a bit of caffeine while breast feeding...I can even get you a cake pop." Looking at him, you contemplate it for a bit before nodding. Smiling, he rests a hand on your thigh and gives it a soft squeeze before backing out of the parking lot.