Chap. 23 - Game On

"Hello and good afterno—"

Killer immediately slammed the door shut and put his back to the door in slight panic.

"Oh h*ll to the No!" Said Killer.

—————————————————————————
3rd person pov~

"What in the multiverse is SHE doing here!" Killer exclaimed.

"How should I know!" Horror replied.

"Uhh excuse me, may I come in please." Mari said from the other side.

Killer and Horror looked at each other, hoping that the other would do something. But they were hoping the other would do it.

"If we keep quiet, then she might leave and we probably won't get our a*ses kicked again." Killer said.

"Well, would you rather take a beating from the boss or from that human again?" Horror questioned.

"Take a beating from whom?" A new voice said.

Horror and Killer jumped in surprise as they heard Nightmare's voice behind them. Next to him were Cross and Dust, curious to what they were doing.

"Is the person boss was talking about at the door?" Cross asked.

"Uhhh, n-no. A-a bird, ummm, flew into the door. Yup." Horror tried to come up with an excuse.

And like karma, Mari knocked for a final time.

"Hello~ Is anyone home? I'm here to meet with a certain skeleton." She said.

"A bird huh." Dust said sarcastically.

Nightmare walked and pushed the two out the way, he opened the door wide to see Mari outside.

"Hello Nightmare, its good to see you again." Mari greeted.

"Good afternoon, please come in." Nightmare replied.

Mari replied with a 'thank you' and walked inside, Nightmare closed the door behind her

"I hope you don't mind, but I brought a little something to thank you for inviting me." Mari said holding the basket in her hand.

The basket was covered with a small blanket to keep the contents hidden. Dust, Killer, and others had their suspicions, and slowly began to draw their weapons. Mari uncovered the blanket, the others watched closely, only to find nothing threatening but the basket being full of negativity apples. Inside, it would be close to 10-15 apples in the basket. Mari handed the basket to Nightmare, he accepted the gift.

"It took me some time, but I collected a few apples in another AU." She explained.

"My my, with this many you must have travelled to negative hotspot." Nightmare wondered.

"*giggle* Yeah, but before I even started, I fell out of a tree. Ha ha ha!." Mari said laughing.

Nightmare silently laughed as well. Dust behind them cleared his throat to get back to the point. Nightmare took this as a sign, wanting to give the reason why she came to visit.

"Oh right, the reason I invited Mari here was so we could get to know her properly, than how we first met her. Idiot's meet Mari, Mari meet the idiots." Said Nightmare.

"Well, its a pleasure to meet you all properly this time. I hope we can be friends." She said.

"Mari, why don't we go and talk in the library. That way we can get things in order." Nightmare suggested.

"*nods* Sounds like a plan." Mari agreed.

Mari walks with Nightmare as he led the way to the library. The others only watched as they walked off.

"Well, this is happening. If you guys need me, I'll be in my room." Cross said as he walked away too.

—————————————————————————
(Timeskip~)

Killer was by himself, in the living room, playing video games. Mari walked through the doorway and took notice. She walked behind the couch hoping to say hello.

"Yo yo Killer!" She greeted.

Unfortunately, this startled him and he pointed his knife to her throat. This made her nervous as she threw her hands into the air, as if there were police in front of her.

"Woah Woah Woah! We're all good man, were all good!" Mari said panicked.

Killer only sighed and put his knife back in his pocket. With the threat out of the way, she sat with Killer on the couch. Mari watched as he played, but the silence made it a little awkward to start of conversation.

"Soooooo, uh, what did you and Nightmare talk about?" Killer asked.

"Oh, nothing much really. We just made general conversation about each other. Other than that, whatcha' playen'." She replied.

"Eh, just some Super Smash Bros. I've playing a few rounds now, but—"

Before Killer could finish, his character's damage increased and it's last life was taken.

"No No No No NO! Mother F**ker!" Killer said.

"Mind if I play against you? I play some video games myself." Mari asked.

"Hmmm? Sure, why not." Killer tossed a wireless controller to Mari. "Let's see what you got."

"Awesome. I love a good challenge!" Mari said getting excited.

—————————————————————————
(Timeskip~)

Mari and Killer have played both Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart. Two going back and forth winning. "Best out of 15", "Best out of 25", and "Best out of 30" they said to each other, as well as sharing both screams and laughs. This gained the attention of the others in the house, and they began to watch and cheer for one of them.

"Alright, this is the last game to judge the champion." Killer said.

"Winner takes the dub, winner takes all. Bring you 'A' game." Mari said back.

"This is the most interesting thing that's happened today." Said Horror.

"I bet 5g the human's gonna win." Dust said.

"I bet 10g on Killer." Cross betted.

"I got 10g on the human." Horror bet.

Killer and Mari played till their fingers almost broke off. Finally, in a Shante of events, both the characters grabbed a lethal weapon and aimed them at each other. They launched, but it caused both of them to blow up. Game over for both.

"Ha ha ha, okay, now that's not what I expected." Mari said laughing.

"Soooo who's gonna take the money, since it was a tie." Cross asked.

"MINE!" Killer yelled and tried to grab it.

This then led to them fighting over the money. Either way, the day was quite eventful.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Thank You And See You Next Time.