chapter twenty one - brit

thebrits and finnohara: look who's made his way onto the red carpet

thebrits and finnohara: look who's made his way onto the red carpet...catch Finn's performance of his new single live at #TheBrits2023
liked by samoharaaa, benchilwell and 765,640 others

holliejsmith: ❤️❤️❤️
paddyohara7: 🔥🔥🔥
declanrice: let's go 🔊🔊🔊

***

Finn nervously got ready backstage. A black turtle neck, trousers and shoes was the look of choice, and final adjustments to his hair and makeup were being carried out.

Sam, his brother, had made the trip down whilst Patrick was working, and was stood backstage with him.

"You're gonna kill it. Just you and an empty room." Sam smiled at him.

"Yeah, I've just not sang this song to anyone since the day I recorded it, need to keep my shit together."

"Ey, if Adele can cry at the Brits then so can you!"

"Hahahaha. There we go." Finn laughed.

"Finn, you're on directly after this next ad break, so go and take your spot. You'll hear your introduction through you earpiece. Have a great one." One of the show runners instructed him out.

"And now time another performance. This new artist burst into the charts with 'Will We Talk?' and 'Dancing on my Own'. Tonight, he's debuting his new single 'Someone You Loved'. Get the tissues, it's a heartbreaker. Please give it up for Finn O'Hara!"

The blacked out stage came to light as the audience faded into darkness. Silence fell over the crowd and the piano started. Finn couldn't make out a single face and so he slipped into the same place mentally he had been in the day he belted this song out in the studio.

The Manchester born musician smashed his way through the song, heartbreak palpable in the room. He got through the big bridge and as he came back into the last chorus he felt a lump in his throat he couldn't allow to come out.

I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

The last chord fell silent and nothing filled the void. Finn choked back his tears, as the crowd erupted into applause, even portions standing up in praise for the young man's performance. He made his way off stage and back to the wings where Sam was waiting.

"Bossed it!" He embraced his brother. Finn allowed himself to cry.

"I'm just going to cry for a quick second." Finn managed to get out. Sam just held him whilst he did.

The pair were interrupted by a showrunner. "Sorry guys, Finn you're needed to go run the the press line and then we can show you to your table for the rest of the show."

"What? No, I don't have a table, think I'm press then straight to an after party." Finn corrected him.

"I'm pretty sure you have a table, you are on the seating chart, I have two floor passes here for a Finn O'Hara and a Sam O'Hara, that's you right?"

"It is. Weird, my agent told me she couldn't get me on a table."

"Well someone has clearly pulled a string." the runner replied.

***

Finn went through the press pack, as journalist fawned over his performance and asked questions about who inspired the song, what was his current relationship status and much more.

He survived and quickly was handed a glass of Prosecco as he was directed onto the venue floor.

"No idea who we will be sitting with but this is cool."

"Meh, I have a good idea who it will be." Sam smirked.

"What do you mean?!" Finn enquired.

"You'll see."

As they got closer to the table, Finn could see the beaming faces of Hollie, Leah, Dec, Lauren, Christian and Chilly smiling back.

"Didn't think we'd miss your big night did ya?!" Hollie laughed.

"What the fuck are you lot doing here?" Finn said, astonished.

"Well someone said we could come see a show, didn't know we'd have to source our own tickets though." Dec smirked.

Finn hugged everyone around the table.

"You were incredible, Finn." Leah said.

"Honestly, unreal." Christian added.

"Thanks guys." Finn blushed.

"Now sit down, Rihanna is about to perform." The audience cheers went up as the Bahamian beauty carved her way through a medley of her hits.

"So how the hell did you get a table? I didn't even get a table and I was on the bloody stage." Finn said to Hollie in one of the ad breaks.

"Well, we knew someone who has an agent that also represents several much bigger music artists than you." Hollie laughed.

"And why would they give you all a table I don't get it. Who was it?"

"It was Mason." Hollie looked back at Finn. He didn't know how to feel about that.

"Well, that was nice of him." Finn commented and left the subject.

"I think he's here somewhere." Hollie added, try to act nonchalant.

"What?"

"Yeah, he didn't want to sit with us because he didn't want to ruin your big night. But think he's here still."

"Probably with Chloe or whatever she is called."

"No, the broke up at Saka's birthday party. Apparently not seen her since."

"Well, when we're you planning on telling me that?!"