chapter twenty two - afters

The gang headed of to an after party, where a whole load of artists were invited after the ceremony.

"I will be purely on the OJ this evening, training in the morning." Dec announced.

"Dull." Chilly laughed. "But also the same here."

"I'll cheers with a Prosecco, be rude not to." Leah waded in.

"Well, I'll do that too." Ben reversed his decision.

"Oh, fuck sake, I will too then." Dec rolled his eyes.

Hollie grabbed half a dozen glasses of Prosecco and passed them around the group. "Right, to our insanely talented friend, who is going to take the world by storm, we can't wait to be begging for free tickets for life. To Finn!"

"To Finn!" they all cheered and clinked their glasses.

"Right footballers, you can all go back to being alcohol free now, you boring twats." Finn smiled. And that they did, but that only meant that Finn, Sam and Hollie upped the anti. Shots, wine, champagne. They danced the whole night through.

Ben and Christian were first to head home, saying bye, and when Finn felt a hand on his shoulder, he thought it would be Dec and Lauren also making their departure.

Finn turned his head.

"Hey." Mason smiled back.

"Oh hi." Finn replied. A drunk and protective Sam was quick to be at Finn's side.

"Erm look, we are trying to celebrate a good night here. Maybe there's a better time to do this." Sam said to the Chelsea footballer.

Hollie quickly intervened. "Samuel, let's go and watch Leah fawn over Mahalia, and let them speak."

Sam looked wary as Hollie directed him towards the bar.

"Can't really expect to be an O'Hara family favourite can I?" Mason smiled.

"Probably not, no."

"Look, I just wanted to say I thought you were great tonight. And I'm sorry for being disrespectful towards you. I never meant to hurt you, I was just being dumb and purposefully ignoring my impact on others. And probably ignoring my real feelings for you." Mason gulped.

"Well first of all, thanks. And thanks for getting us all the table, that was really nice. Secondly, feelings?" Finn asked.

"Are you gonna make me spell it out?"

"Considering you've given me fairly mixed signals until this point, then yes you probably are."

"Well, I think I really like you. I ignored it because it's a bit scary and doesn't really fit my lifestyle. But I can't ignore it anymore. And I want to prove to you that I do really like you, if you'll give me the chance."

Finn paused for a second.

"The effort has to come from you. I'm not even sure if I believe you yet, but I'll give you the opportunity to prove, sure."

"Time and place, you name it."

"Hmm, I'm off back to Manchester next week for a couple of weeks before the album comes out. So it will have to be there if you want to see me."

"Absolutely, though am I going to be killed by a brother?"

"Very forward to assume you are staying over." Finn said bluntly.

"No, no, that's not what I meant." Mason stumbled over his words, to Finn's amusement.

"Chill, but yeah, pick a time and I'll let you know if I'm free. See if you walk the walk." Finn smirked, turned and walked away. He felt empowered, but also was buzzing at the thought of getting a do over with Mason. One things for sure, if it went wrong this time, there would be no second chances.

***

"So it went well with Mase?" Hollie asked, chicken wrap in hand. Finn, Hollie and Sam stumbled back towards Hollie's with their takeaway.

"Yeah, he's going to have to GRAFT though. I don't have time for messing about."

"I don't like him." Sam confirmed. "So he's got a lot of work to do on this end." Hollie and Finn both laughed.

"Fuck, and you are usually the more chilled brother. Imagine paddy. I'm a bit scared to tell him actually." Finn admitted.

"Then don't yet, until you see if he actually comes up to Manchester." Hollie advised.

"Good plan." Finn agreed.

"When are you going back to Manny?"

"Me and Sam are dicking around London tomorrow, then back off up."

"I'm going to miss you being constantly in my spare room."

"Album is out in three weeks, I'll be back pestering you before you know it." Finn smiled.

***

samoharaaa: super proud of the broski @finnohara 🖤liked by leahwilliamson, declanrice and 457 othersholliejsmith: FIT FIT FITpaddyohara7: ❤️finnohara: love ya, strap in for the ride

liked by leahwilliamson, declanrice and 457 others
holliejsmith: FIT FIT FIT
paddyohara7: ❤️
finnohara: love ya, strap in for the ride