chapter thirty five - new paths

"Thanks for jumping on the call Finn." The voice of Finn's manager crackled through the laptop speaker.

"No worries, what's the craic?"

The singer, sipping a tea, was sat in a hair and makeup chair, being styled for a photoshoot he was doing that day. His manager would usually be present but a clash with a label meeting saw the pair divide and conquer.

"So I've just come out of the meeting with XL, and we were talking tour."

"Very exciting, what are the vibes?"

"Well, their plan is pretty extensive and I thought I better fill you in so you aren't surprised."

"Okay, fire away, what have they got in store?" Finn asked.

"Starting in May, they have outlined a 23 date UK and Ireland Tour, including some festival stops."

"Wow that's super exciting."

"And then basically straight into a 23 date US and Canada Tour."

"Jees, that's a lot of dates..." he reflected.

"I knew you'd be apprehensive of the size, and I'm not going to lie Finn, the schedule looks mental. The UK tour would start May 24th and finish June 24th. So you'd be 23 dates in 31 days. Then the US leg would start July 6th til August 6th, so another 23 in 31. But it's a huge opportunity and some of the venues are bucket list stuff."

"I know touring is part of this job, and I do love it, it's just a long time on the road."

"You'll smash it. You need to enjoy this Finn, everyone else will be fine."

***

Mason sat in a treatment room at Cobham, post massage when his phone rang.

"Hi Sam, what's up?"

"Hey Mason, how's the calf?" His agent asked.

"Getting better, I think. Physio still thinks the pitch might be off the menu for the rest of the season, which is a bit depressing."

"Chin up mate, look I'm calling about a conversation I've just had with Chelsea."

"Okay, go on."

"So they've tabled a contract extension for us to look at, which I've sent you - but the terms aren't what we asked and it doesn't feel like we are getting anywhere."

"Hmm." The footballer pondered.

"I know you are open to offers and obviously officially no one can approach until the summer but there is bites out there Mase, and if a change of environment is something you'd be willing to explore, there's big clubs interested."

"Well let's stay at the negotiation table with Chelsea and see what we can get done, but thanks Sam, I'll think it over."

"Alright mate, catch you soon."

***

Mason Mount

Hey how's your day going?

Mid photo shoot whilst trying to sort out my summer schedule with the tour, how are you? what's the physio saying?

he told me this morning he thinks I won't be back this season.

awww fuck mase 💔 sorry I know you'd hoped for different

part of the job I guess

just sucks you are suddenly the busiest fucker ever now and can't spend the day moping with me, you popstar

im bigtiming you 😎

I'll make you feel better later trust me

you'd better 😏

***

britishgq: license to thrill: catch @finnohara in our April issueliked by masonmount, samfender and 129,435 others

liked by masonmount, samfender and 129,435 others

holliejsmith: sign me up to be a bond gurl
_laurenfryer: absolute fire 🔥
samoharaaa: my boy be sharp

holliejsmith: sign me up to be a bond gurl_laurenfryer: absolute fire 🔥samoharaaa: my boy be sharp

finnohara: see you on the road folks 😎
liked by holliejsmith, marcusrashford and 79,435 others

declanrice: can't wait to fan boy
paddyohara7: yeoooooooooooo
masonmount: chance of a free ticket?