chapter thirty one - talk it out

Tuesday evening swung around only 24 hours after Finn and Leah had been sat in Hollie's living room. Now, they were both sat in a suite of Wembley Stadium, seeing Hollie in full work mode, as she hosted a brand event for her agency.

Finn and Leah were roped into coming to smile for the cameras, and Hollie had Mason up on stage with her, doing a Q and A. She had the audience in the palm of her hand, using her personal knowledge of Mase to get the most out of him.

"She's actually just really bloody good at her job." Leah said, watching on.

"Honestly, this stuff just comes naturally to her. And she thinks one kiss has wiped that away? We need to make her see sense."

"She will once she's talked to Ben. Let's just hope we can keep her in that friends and family suite long enough."

"Let's hope we can get her in there at all." They both laughed.

"Your man's killing it up there to be fair to him."

"He's doing alright isn't he." Finn smiled looking at his significant other on stage. "Not a bad bit of image rebuilding either. Again, Hol is a genius. Two birds with one stone."

"Makes me remember why I hired her." Leah smiled, to Finn's amusement.

"Now, let's get her a man."

***

"Eurgh, this is as painful as I imagine." Mason said to Finn, as they took their seats.

"Look, this is as bad as it going to feel. Once they start playing, you'll just be their teammate who wants them to smash it."

Leah and Hollie joined them.

"What score we thinking then?" Leah asked the group.

"3-0 England." Finn started.

"I'll go 2-1 England." Hollie followed.

"2-0 England." Mason replied.

"I'll go something different then. I'll go 3-2 England. Saks to get on the scoresheet." Leah predicted.

Hollie began talking to Leah about the upcoming match.

"So he's all ready to have this chat after the game?" Finn asked Mase.

"Yeah, he's even got a notes section on his phone." Mason chuckled. "Dec is also in on making sure he doesn't back out from having it, he's thought Chilly has had the hots for Hol for years, and is eager to help get them together. Just so he can say he called it obviously." They both laughed.

"Right, good. All sorted then. At least what ever they decide on then, Hollie can stop thinking that Ben hates her."

"Yeah, especially when it's very much the opposite."

The teams started to exit the tunnel.

"Come on the boys!"

***

2-0 victory against Ukraine followed for the Three Lions and Mason didn't let the group forget that he'd predicted it.

"You see, I'm not even playing and I still I score." he taunted.

"Ok big man, we get it, you guessed a score correctly. Well done. Now, let's get focussed on the task at hand." Finn replied, making sure Hollie was out of earshot.

They all made their way back into the suite where Hollie had been hosting her event.

"Why don't we bob next door and see the boys?" Leah suggested.

"Yeah, I thought that's what we were doing to be fair." Mason backed her up.

"Erm, absolutely not." Hollie asserted.

"Oh for god's sake Hol, you can't avoid him forever and at least if you do see him, it's in a public place where you can avoid if needed. Are we seriously going to avoid all England footballers for the rest of time, when I am dating one and you are the agent for like another 4?" Finn lamented.

Hollie thought about it.

"We can leave if it's too much once we get in there." Leah offered.

"I take your point, I will need constant supervision though whilst we are inside." Hollie warned.

"Deal." Finn smiled. They all walked next door into the friends and family suite. As they entered, they were all greeted by various different people they knew. Dec's brothers came over to chat to Hollie, Leah was talking to some of the FA members, and Mason and Finn were to some of the players who were already up.

"Finn, is it your brother's CV that Mase has given me?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah it will be, he's helping Sam try and get a placement at a club."

"Leave it with me, I've a couple of favours to pull in the office at United."

"That would be amazing, Marcus. He'd absolutely die if he got something at Old Trafford."

"Gotta keep the fans happy, ey?" he laughed.

Meanwhile, in the corner of Finn's eye, he saw Chilly walk into the suite.

"Excuse me Rashy, I've some match making to do."

Finn walked across the room to where Hollie was still taking to Dec's brothers, whilst Mase intercepted Ben and took him next door, into the suite where Hollie's event had been.

"Sorry lads, Hol can I grab you?"

"Sure, give me a minute boys." Hol and Finn walked to the side of the room.

"What's up?"

"Come with me." Finn took her hand and walked in her next door. "Think you two need a chat." he said, opening the door.

There was Ben, already out on the balcony of the suite, over looking Wembley Stadium.

"Crafty little shits." Hollie said to Finn and Mase, who joined them.

"He's all yours." Mase said. "Just go chat it through and you'll both be able to chill out then!"

***

"Hey." Hollie walked out onto the balcony.

"Hey, how are you?" Ben smiled.

"I'm alright, well played by the way! Great result."

"Yeah, nice to have back to back wins." Silence fell over them. "So do you wanna talk about what happened in Rome?" Ben asked.

"God, I don't know. I don't know why I kissed you and I'm sorry. I'm your agent and I totally understand if you'd rather someone else rep you know becau-"

"Hol, shut the hell up. I'd never want anyone else representing me, whether you were into me or not." Ben ended with a smirk. "Cards on the table, I think I've always had a thing for you and I'd like to take you out, romantically, and see if there's something there."

"This is all a lot to take in." Hollie said, with a deep breath. "I don't know why I kissed you in Rome, but maybe there is something there. So yes, I'd like that." She smiled.

Ben smiled back.

"But we absolutely need ground rules when it comes to work stuff and we have to communicate if ever the professional isn't working with the personal, do you understand me Benjamin?"

"Crystal clear. Now, can I have a do over of that kiss?"

"You may." He grabbed her waist and pulled her into a long kiss.

"Woooooooo!" Leah shouted from the balcony of the friends and family suite. The pair turned around to see Mase, Dec, Finn and Leah spying across.

"Get a room!" Mase shouted.

***