chapter forty one - cali coffee

One thing LA did really well was brunch, and brunch in the Hollywood Hills was exactly what Finn needed. He'd relayed the full story of the early hours to Leah and Beth, as they dug into eggs, avocado and smoothies containing every fruit you could imagine.

"Right, god. A lot to unpack." Leah began. "But I think it all boils down to Mason should have told you. Mason knows Mason should have told you and he's just too mad at the minute to admit that to you."

"Yeah like it's sad that he couldn't have just found it in himself to mention it, even if he was mad at you. It's quite the bit of info to admit that he's moving to the same place as you." Beth added.

"It was the whole 'I feel nothing towards you' bit that was the killer and also I felt came out of nowhere. Then when he was basically saying 'do I need to do something awful to you for you to pay attention', that just brought up a lot for me and I just lost my shit."

"Again, you don't say that if you don't care though, you say it to hurt, you say it to get a reaction." Leah analysed.

"Yeah he definitely still cares, no matter what he may be saying." Beth agreed.

"Urgh, this is all a lot to try and comprehend." Finn let his face sink into his hands. "Then, that whole fucked up call with Hol.."

"Don't let this situation take your friendship down with it." Beth quickly interjected. "It's not worth it."

"I can't help feeling let down though."

"Hmm, I do get it," Leah followed up, "but I think you are probably deflecting some of the hurt of the situation with Mase, onto her not mentioning a rumour she'd heard."

Finn thought for a second.  "Yeah I think I definitely was last night, I do still feel like she could of done better by me, but it's 101% not her fault and I did got after her a bit last night."

"A FaceTime between you very much required, all will be fine, it's just a bit to get your head round." Leah smiled.

"And the fuck do I do about Mason?"

"Honestly Finny, it's a hard one. That song last night was beautiful, but you've got another 29 odd days of this tour before you are home. And things aren't going to get better in that time. He clearly feels hurt and is doing things to hurt you, to try and get your attention IMO. Or he really feels like it's over for him, I don't know. I feel like he still cares though." Beth weighed up his options.

"I think you let it have the situation have the space while you are here, and address it back in the UK. He needs time to settle at United, and you need time to calm, to enjoy this experience, and be you." Leah grabbed his hand.

"Oh shit." Beth said looking at her phone.

"What?"

"I just remember that United were going on preseason tour. And I've double checked to make sure I was right. They are coming to the US."

"Oh fantastic news!" Finn said sarcastically. He took the phone from Beth. "And they are in New York when I am."

Leah burst out laughing. "You couldn't bloody write it."

Finn and Beth both joined in the chuckle. "For god's sake!"

***

bethmead: colour coordination with her coffee, so LA 🌴tagged leahwilliamson and finnoharaliked by bukayosaka, lucybronze and 53,295 others

tagged leahwilliamson and finnohara
liked by bukayosaka, lucybronze and 53,295 others

holliejsmith: girl is living a lifestyle
finnohara: ☕️☕️☕️
lottewubbenmoy: it's @leahwilliamson 's world we all just live in it

***

o'hara brothers ltd

finn: what's the craic with the US preseason thing Sam?

sam: 4 games in 7 days - New York to start and finishing in Texas, and im going!!!!

paddy: very sickkkk

finn: gassed for you bro

finn: we'll be in NYC at the same time, let's see if schedules align

sam: let's do it

sam: oh, does Mason know you'll cross over

finn: 🤷🏻‍♂️ he didn't tell me about United so unsure if he's even clicked

paddy: have you spoken

finn: briefly

paddy: and?

finn: did not go well

***

Hollie Smith

Sorry for the head bite off, just threw me totally off, I love you and don't want it to come between us.

I love you too. It won't. I'm sorry I didn't prepare you for it. Have you spoke to him?

Yeah - not a great convo, I'll voice note you later the full craic

Oh jees, what's the plan then?

Gonna give it some space, and enjoy this tour, last night in LA tonight so I'm letting my hair down and forgetting about this shit x

YEAAH HE IS - what's on the cards?

house party in the hills n go with the flow

jealous - fill me in later x