chapter thirty six - solo tour

Mason sat around the table with Ben and Dec; a quiet Thursday night with wine and some cards was as exciting as his week's got at the minute. Injured and dating a touring musician meant no work and no play for the footballer.

"How was Finn's opening night?" Dec asked.

"He was amazing, it was electric, couldn't have gone any better to be honest." Mase answered.

"Ahh sick, can't wait to see him when he's down here."

"Turning into quite the crew coming to the Brixton show." Ben added.

"Yeah, my family, you guys, Finn's friends. Quite the crowd. Still 3 weeks away though. He has a lot of dates before then..." Mason trailed off.

"Trouble in paradise?" Dec enquired.

"Hmm, just a lot of time apart recently, and now he's got the tour, then the US tour. Just feel like he's less bothered about spending time with me."

"Now now bro, just because he's busy and you suddenly have a lot of time on your hands doesn't mean he doesn't want to spend time with you. You're a footballer, you should get the busy career taking over thing." Ben tried to remind him.

"Yeah, just, like, you don't have to deal with that Dec, the Chelsea guys don't have to come home to no one. Just a bit lonely I guess."

"You are dating a pop star Mason, not a housewife. He's going to be away a lot. You'll have to get used to it." Dec stated.

"Hmmm." Mason grunted in agreement.

Dec took that as his cue to change the topic. "What's the new deal saying anyway?"

***

benchilwell: booom! let's have it 🔵🔵🔵liked by chelseafc, kaihavertz and 28,582 others

liked by chelseafc, kaihavertz and 28,582 others

holliejsmith: 💙
masonmount: big performance chill dog
finnohara: yeeeeeeeeeee the boi

holliejsmith: 💙masonmount: big performance chill dogfinnohara: yeeeeeeeeeee the boi

masonmount: it's fair to say it's been an up and down season. supporters with us every step of the way even when we didn't deserve them. Time to break and recover. Enjoy your summer blues 🔵
liked by finnohara, chelseafc and 65,219 others

declanrice: always about the journey bro
holliejsmith: youll be back, 23/24 aint ready for MM
jasbenham: love you lil brother

***

"You're lucky I'm answering this call, I'm on vocal rest." Finn picked up.

"Oh how blessed am I, his royal highness has decided to strain his vocal chords on little old me." Hollie mocked him down the phone.

"Hahaha, you are blessed! Now, how can I help?"

"Just rang to confirm the list for the Brixton show, now that I have 726262 of my clients coming to this performance and I've somehow managed to become the organiser. I've texted your manager with all the deets so you don't forget but just to prepare yourself all the arsenal girls are coming, you've got a lot of the arsenal boys coming as well thanks to bukayo, the chelsea group is ever growing so Ben informs me and then you've got Mason with fam n friends."

"Wow, quite the crowd! Gonna be such a fun show I can't wait!" Finn eeked.

"I know I'm so gassed for the whole night!"

"Got loads of work people there that night as well, XL have invited a lot of press to that show so gonna be a busy one."

"You'll be fine Finny, how's the tour so far?" Hol enquired.

"Unreal and knackering. I love it and I'm having the time of my life but it's just all consuming, I feel like I haven't got time for anything else."

"Hahaha does that include your boyfriend?" she gently asked.

"Has that come from Ben?" Finn perked up.

"No babe? I was genuinely just asking how things were in a round about way."

"Things are fine, we haven't talked much to be fair but he's been to a couple of the shows which has been great. I just don't have as much time for him right now Hol. My feelings haven't changed but I just need to throw all I've got into this. And he's having a tough time with the injury and it just means he's mardy half the time anyway and doesn't wanna chat so we just end up not."

"Well, I'm sure all will be fine post tour." Hollie finished on a positive.

"Are you sure Ben hasn't said anything?"

"Yes Finn! I was just asking."

"Okay well, love you and see you in Brixton!"

"Love you, can't wait!" Hollie hung up the phone.

"What did he say about Mase?" Ben immediately asked, seeing the phone leave his girlfriend's ear.

"Just that tour has been a bit all consuming, Mason hasn't been in a talking mood since the injury, and that I'm sure all will be fine post tour.

"Right. Just the rest of this one and a whole US on for them to navigate then, no biggie." Ben said sarcastically."