Reunited

"Finneas, I'm genuinely trying not to be rude, but I'm trying my best to remain calm because you haven't told us anything. What happened over there?"

I sigh, lifting my gaze from the ground to look at both of them. They seem stressed out, and I didn't mean to cause it, but I was lost in my thoughts. I remained silent during the whole walk back, and now I'm sitting on the couch in Maddie's room. My hand rests on my stomach, feeling my baby moving around. I know I'll miss this sensation once I give birth.

"Finneas." I look up to see Maddie staring at me.

"Maddie, I don't know what's going on. Giovanni's brother pulled up. He asked me how far along I was, and... he was pretty much playing games. He wouldn't tell me if Gio was awake, he wanted me to get in the car with him." Just thinking about the situation makes me want to pace around.

"Maddie, I'm really confused about what's happening. Gio's brother showed up unexpectedly and started asking me strange questions. Asking me how far along I was and stuff, and it felt like he was just messing with me. He refused to tell me if Gio was awake and insisted that I get into his car."

Recalling the situation fills me with restlessness and anxiety.

"He called my child his nephew, bold to assume its gender, that asshole," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Was he cute?"

"Dani!" Maddie exclaims, and Dani raises her hands in confusion, wondering why she's being yelled at.

"Oh, he was real fine. It's amazing how their genes work because he looked exactly like Giovanni." It's a shame I never asked about his family. I can't even begin to guess which brother he is, considering their mother seemed to be popping babies left and right.

"Fin, you're taking this better than I thought, considering it all," Dani says.

"Do you expect me to panic and put my pregnancy at risk? I have the power to control my reactions, and responding negatively won't benefit any of us. I knew this day would come, and now I'm facing the consequences of my actions. I was foolishly yelling 'my man, my man, my man,' and I fucked around and learned the hard way that it's not as sweet as I thought."

"I'm going to be honest, I do feel like I'm on the edge of a panic attack, but everything is going to be fine," I tell myself.

There's no telling how long his brother was following me. Why is he down here, though? The last time I heard, his siblings liked being in Italy. I sigh in frustration, rubbing my hands through my hair.

I'm not moving to Italy, no matter what, but how would I stop it?

Imagine not seeing them ever again. He did tell me he would take me away from everyone I loved.

"Can you get the trash can I feel like im going to be sick." I tell them and as soon as it's brought to me I throw up. My life is so complicated right now and I was feeling it all on the inside.

"So, should we assume that his brother will be back for you?" Maddie asks.

"Pretty much. He did say he would see me later," I respond. The look of worry on their faces stays evident, especially on Maddie. It's crazy to say, but she's like an empath. It's as if we are emotionally connected. Being pregnant has made me more emotional than usual, but she's been there, trying to make me feel as comfortable as possible.

"Well, I'm going with you. I don't give a fuck who's got a problem with it," she says, making it final. Maddie has a look of annoyance on her face, and I can guess it's because of Giovanni and his family.

"And I'm going to be supporting y'all... straight from the safety of my bedroom," Dani adds, making me laugh. She definitely doesn't have a courageous bone in her body.