3.

*Anson's POV*

Piper and I were down in the basement finishing our morning workout when I finally came out with it.

"You know Parker saw you guys last night." I looked over at her.

"How." She shook her head.

"He couldn't sleep, so I'm assuming he was out on his roof thinking." I shrugged.

"How do you know that?" She gave me a look.

"Because he's done that since we were little."

"I meant how did you know he saw us?" She pursed her lips.

"He decided to text me." I rolled my eyes.

"Ans, just tell him. He's freaking out." She shook her head as we grabbed our bottles off the floor.

"Get out." Dyson yelled walking down the stair with Parker.

"Eat me." I nodded.

"Nah." He shook his head.

"We were going anyway." Piper nodded. "Good morning Parker." She looked at him and raised her eyebrows.

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to say anything." He shook his head.

"About?" Dyson gave him a look.

"You guy's making out on your porch last night. I was on my roof." He pursed his lips.

Dyson's eyes got wide and he just looked at Piper. "You knew he was up there?"

"She told me." She pointed at me.

"Unlike you, I can keep my mouth shut." I nodded and walked up the stairs.

We sat down, started eating breakfast and then my dad walked in.

"Dyson and Parker downstairs?" He asked.

We both nodded.

He sighed. "How would you feel about going down and breaking in the dirt for me? We've got another team coming in to practice today and tomorrow for a bit because their normal track is going through some work."

I nodded. "I guess, if I can just wear this." I pointed down at my shorts and t-shirt. "Since I'm just breaking it in and not going all out."

"Just, boots and helmet please. I'll call Parker and Dyson down when they're done. Please talk over his bike with him."

"I guess." I looked over at Piper. "Wanna go for a ride?" I gave her a straight smile.

"Oh absolutely." She nodded. "Better than walking, but uh, I'm not going on the track." She shook her head.

"Can she have the watch so I can wear my headphones please?" I pursed my lips.

"I'll be down with you dip-shit." He gave me a look. "You can actually help Dan and me with new logo's." He pointed at Piper.

"OOo deal!" She yelled.

We all went out, I put my helmet and boots on, she threw on my extra helmet, and we rode down to the track followed by my dad and Dan in the side by side.

I dropped her off at the side by side with the dads and made it my way on to the track.

I swear, riding alone on it with my headphones blaring is the most calming thing I could actually do.

I rode for about an hour till I noticed someone pull in with me as I rode past the entrance. Then the music in my headphones cut out. "Bring it in." I heard my dad after the music stopped.

Which could only mean that it was Dyson who pulled in, and Parker was waiting for me to talk him over his bike.

I rode off the track and in to the shop where he, the dads, and Piper were waiting for me.

I got in, shut my bike off, and took off my helmet.

I talked him through all the work, he got on, put his helmet on.

"Now, I'm serious Parker, take it easy on the throttle until your used to it. It's touchy." I nodded and threw my helmet back on.

And against what I said, he twisted his throttle. "Shit." He yelled as he almost fell threw himself off.

"I wasn't kidding." I shook my head.

"You really did power this thing didn't you." He shook his head.

"And this thing." I patted my bike. "Will still leave it in the dust." I nodded and turned my bike on.

"You think so?" He nodded.

"Don't forget, I built it. I know it better than you." I shrugged and pulled out of the shop.

We rode around the track for about an hour until my music cut off again. "Unless you're putting your gear on and going back out, bring it in."

I rolled my eyes, finished my lap, and when I was getting to the entrance, I noticed the team trailer that pulled in.

I pulled up next to the gate where my dad was standing and turned my bike off.

"Stay away from him Anson." My dad pointed at him.

"You are literally right here." I shook my head and took my helmet off.

"I was at the race too." He nodded.

I rolled my eyes. And then I felt my phone go off in my boot.

I unbuckled my boot and pulled my phone out.

G; Shorts and a t-shirt to ride?

A; Just breaking in the dirt, didn't know you guys were the team.

G; Dad called this morning.

"What part of stay away from him didn't you understand." My dad looked at me.

"Oh, so he's over here talking to me." I nodded.

"Hal." Garret dad yelled as he walked over with Dan. "Anson." He smiled at me.

"Hi Pete." My dad shook his hand.

"Hi Mr. Thomas." I waved.

"Thank you, for letting us use the track." He nodded.

"Oh no problem. Dirts all broke in for the boys." My dad nodded.

"Hope you don't mind Parker and Dyson out there too." Dan nodded.

"Oh absolutely not." He shook his head. "How's Parker's bike coming along?"

"Finished up. He's on it." Dan pointed at Parker ripping past us.

"That's his 450?" He gave the dads a look.

The both nodded.

"Now how much is one of those models." He nodded.

"We haven't really put it on the market yet." Hal shook his head.

"Well when you do let me know. Garret's been wanting a newer 450." He shrugged.

"You'd have to ask the one who built it." My dad pointed at me.

Pete turned an looked at me. "Anson you built that?"

I nodded. "His throttles about half open right now."

"Excellent work honey." He nodded.

"250 could still beat it though." I patted my bike. "I built this too."

"Now what's it going to take to get an Anson Cross custom." He crossed his arms.

"My dad to start letting me around the guy I'm building it for again." I nodded.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen." Pete shook his head.

"It was one time!" I yelled.

"Yes, one time, in the back of my team trailer Anson." He nodded. "You gonna get out there and teach my 250's a thing or two?"

"I don't know, that requires me riding past or around Garret." I shrugged.

"Oh go get your shit on." Dan pointed toward the shop.

I shook my head, wrapped my helmet around my arm, and turned my bike on.

"Stay away from that trailer." My dad pointed at me.

"I'm 16." I yelled.

"Intact till your married." He yelled as I rode away.

I rode in to the shop and started putting my gear on.

"So, Garrets here." Piper nodded.

"He is." I nodded. "So is Griffin, Harvey, Dalton and Craig."

"You allowed to talk to him?" She gave me a look.

I shook my head.

And then my phone went off.

G; You coming out with us?

A; In the shop getting my stuff on. Evidently your dad thinks his 250's need taught something.

G; They do. Harvey and Dalton are racing 250.

A; I'm smoking you too there honey.

G; We'll see (;

"I'll be watching." Piper smiled as I rode out of the shop.

My dad, Dan, and Pete were down on the track were all of the Thomas Racing riders. Parker and Dyson were parked on the mound in the center of one of the rounds.

I pulled up next to them and took my helmet off.

"Harvey, Dalton, get in your spots." Pete nodded. "Gare, Craig, Griffin, up with the other two."

"What exactly are we doing Pete?" Harvey shook his head.

"Humbling you." He nodded.

"Pete asked Anson to come out and show you a thing or two." Dan nodded.

"Anson." Dalton laughed. "Cause Anson can teach us anything."

"Can't teach with no brain to learn." I shook my head.

"Anson has been riding for longer than both of you. She knows how to ride. Quit getting cocky and get in to your spots." Pete pointed.

I went to put my helmet on when my dad grabbed my arm. "No roosting."

The three other riders rode past us slowly. "Smoke em." Garret smiled as he rode by.

My dad looked down at me. "And stay the hell away from him." He yelled.

I rolled my eyes, put my helmet on, and pulled right in between Harvey and Dalton.

My dad dropped the gate, and sure as hell, they both got smoked.

They were still in the middle of their 3 lap when I finished all 3 of mine.

I took my helmet off and just patiently waited for them.

They pulled in and took their helmets off.

"She cut me off." Harvey yelled.

"Dude, you were never close enough to her for her to cut you off!" Garret laughed.

"She's just a better rider." Griffin also laughed.

"There is no way that is a 250." Dalton shook his head.

"MCCB original kid. ARC model." Dan nodded.

"ARC model?" Craig gave him a look.

"That's what you're calling them?" I smiled. "ARC model?"

They both nodded.

"Why ARC model?" Griffin shook his head.

"Anson Ryder Cross." Dyson nodded. "She built it."

"That's so cute." Garret pouted.

"You 3 are about to race the 450 ARC model." My dad nodded. "She built his too." He pointed at Parker.

Garret looked at Parker. "That's the custom she built?" He pursed his lips.

Parker smirked and nodded. "Haven't gone over half throttle yet. Good luck." He shrugged.

"Ba-!"

"Boy." Both of our dads cut him off and looked at him.

"It was one time!" He yelled.

"We caught you making out in the back of the team trailer!" Pete pointed at him.

"And she's 16!" My dad threw his hands in the air.

"Dude I am scared for you." Craig looked at him.

"Good work though." Griffin nodded.

My head phone turned on. "Can I come down and watch 450?"

I sighed. "Can I go get Piper to watch the 450?"

"Yes, get off the track before I smack the shit out of you." My dad pointed.

I turned my bike back on, handed him my helmet, went up, and got Piper.

We rode back down and I stopped in front of the 5 guys all lined up and looked at Parker. "Do not full throttle it." I shook my head.

"Just sit back and watch me make your bike look good, alright?" He shook his head and put his helmet on.

"I'm serious Parker, you have to ease in to it. Don't." I nodded.

"Go Ans." Dyson shook his head.

I rolled my eyes and rode over to my dad and the others.

"He really don't know, does he." Piper laughed.

"He's packing the rut if he does." I shook my head.

My dad dropped the gate, and of course Parker hit it wide open.

"You need to tinker with Dyson's." My dad nodded.

"So uh, you sure we can't just let them-"

My dad cut Pete off. "No." He shook his head.

"How did you even do that?" Pete looked at me.

"A whole lot of experimenting." I nodded. "I'm not fixing those." I looked at Dan and dad.

"Your build you help him fix them." Dan nodded.

They were coming around the last turn, Parker in front with Dyson and Cole right being him, and he cranked the throttle again, leaving them completely in the dust.

They all finally pulled back up to us and took their helmets off.

"Dad, I want one." Garret looked at Pete.

"Shouldn't have been in the trailer with her." He shrugged.

"Hooooo, this is about to be good.." Parker nodded.

"Damn it Parker." I got off my bike and threw my helmet at him. "I have to help fix the ruts, I told you not to full!" I yelled.

"I won, didn't I." He smirked.

"I don't care!" I yelled.

"Oh just look at the bright side Ani!" He rolled his eyes.

"What bright side could there be to staying out here to fill ruts!" I threw my hands in the air.

"No clutch slip." He shrugged.

And then my face went from aggravated to shocked. "No clutch slip." I pursed my lips.

"None." He shook his head.

I turned and looked at my dad and Dan. "No clutch slip." I shook my head.

They both just clapped and nodded. "Guess who's got their first official custom 450 racing this year." Dan smiled.

"Mines next right?" Dyson yelled.

"Dad!" Garret looked at him.

"Nope." Pete shook head.

"Damn it it was one time!" He yelled.

"And there won't be a next." My dad pointed at him.

My headphone clicked on. "Baby, I've got lunch up here for everyone." My mom called through my headphones.

"Mom has lunch up in the shop for everyone. Are we allowed to eat at the same time?" I crossed my arms and looked at my dad.

"Remember what I said about smacking the shit out of you?" He raised his eyebrows.

*Parkers POV*

Sherry called Anson for lunch up at the shop for all of us.

"Come on P." Anson waved her over to her bike.

"Wait." Craig looked at her. "Piper do you have a helmet."

"I'm sure I can use hers." She pointed at Anson.

"Mr. Cross, Mr. Martin, if I go slow, would it be OK if I took Piper around the track once or twice? I promised her I would take her sometime. This is a good, safe track. And someones here just in case." He looked at my dad and Hal.

I noticed Dyson's face change, him roll his eyes and just shake his head.

They both looked at Pete. "He a good rider?" My dad asked.

Pete nodded. "Especially if someone is on with him."

"My little sister is 10, I let her ride with me all the time." Craig nodded.

"Here." Anson took out her headphone and handed it to him. "He can grab the watch from my mom and if he thinks you're going to hard, he can just call you in." She nodded.

"I guess that's not a problem." Hal nodded. "When do you hang on the most?" He looked at Piper.

"Jumps 3, 6, 7, and the breaking bumps." She nodded.

"Atta girl." Hal pointed at her.

Anson handed her her helmet and looked at Craig. "You kill my best friend, I kill you." She nodded.

"You got it baby Cross." He smiled and moved toward the front of his seat as Piper climbed on. "Keep your legs up, OK?" He looked back at her.

She nodded.

They pulled out on to the track, and the rest of us went up to the shop.

"Hey, uh, can one of you bring Pipe up when she's done?" Anson looked at Dyson and I.

"You not eating?" Dyson gave her a look.

She shook her head. "I'm gonna go out back and do some tramp stuff."

"I can bring her up honey. Go." Hal pointed.

Dyson and I went up in to the shop loft.

"So uh, what exactly is going on with you and Piper?" I gave him a look.

He shook his head. "Just, having fun."

"Boy, look at who you're talking to and lie to me again." I nodded.

He took a deep breath. "That's all it was supposed to be. Fun here and there. We both made that clear when we started." He paused.

"Fucking?" I pursed my lips.

"Benefiting." He nodded. "And then boom, her and Craig start hanging out and suddenly, I don't want her benefiting anyone else." He shook his head.

"You do realize that's called catching feelings, right?" I nodded.

"Why do I have to be the one catching feelings. Why can't I be like you and fuck and forget."

"Oh, ouch." I shook my head.

"I'm serious, like that Holly girl you left in Phoenix." He pointed at me.

"Holly was not a fuck and forget. She was a friend who occasionally made me feel good. And I made her feel better than good." I smirked.

"We've literally known Piper since we were what, 7? And then 4 months ago she's grabbing my dick when she's on the back of my dirt bike because she 'wanted to know if the rumor was true.' And now she's on the back of Craig's bike and I'm pissed!"

"You ever you know, tell her you don't want her seeing Craig?" I gave him a look.

"That sounds boyriendish." He nodded.

"Because it is boyfriendish you dipshit." I nodded. "You clearly like her, she clearly likes some part of you, so, just ask her out, on an actual date, not a fuck." I shrugged.

"You've met Anson, right? She's not even happy about us doing what we're doing, you really think she's gonna be OK with me dating her best riend?" He gave me a look.f

"Well, maybe if you'd stop fucking all of her friends, she would be." I nodded.

"I do not fuck all of her friends." He shook his head.

"Dys. Megan, Haley, Tatum, Quinn, Penelope, Daisy, Payton, Courtney-"

He cut me off. "I never fucked Courtney." He shook his head.

"Sorry bud, but blow jobs in the back of your jeep still count." I nodded.

"But that's the thing, all of them really were just a bit of fun. But, this is Piper."

"OK, put it this way, would you be OK with Anson dating me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Could you keep it in your pants?" He gave me a look.

"Probably not. Sorry but, Anson's as hot as she's always been, and that bike down in the shop, made her 20x hotter." I nodded.

He sighed and shook his head. "I guess, as long as she was happy and you were happy, I wouldn't care." He shrugged.

"And neither would she. All wants is for Piper to be happy. And, you two might piss each other off, but you two would walk through fire for each other. Maybe talk to Anson before you talk to Pipe. If she's not OK with it, figure something out." I shrugged.

"How did I even make it through the past 4 school years without you?" He shook his head.

"Dude, we talk constantly every day." I laughed.

"But god it's gonna be so much easier with you here." He nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me about Piper though?" I gave him a look.

"We just aren't telling anyone. Only reason Anson knows is because I was also caught in the back of a bike trailer with Piper." He laughed.

"Dude, you let her catch you." I laughed.

"Oh shut up." He shook his head.

"Boys!" Sherry yelled up the stairs.

Dyson and I went back down to the shop.

"Why don't you guys help team Thomas pack up?" She looked at both of us.

"And why would we do that?" Dyson shook his head.

"Because it's good sportsman ship boys." Hal nodded. "They're also going to be using the garage shower."

"Thank you, for lunch Mrs. Cross." Craig nodded.

"You're welcome, but it's not going un-paid for." She shook her head.

"What can we do for you?" Dalton asked.

"Well, Pete, can I steal your team after school, I've got a lot of equipment that needs moved around the gym." She looked at him.

"Take them all, get them away from me." Pete nodded. "And you will do whatever she says.

"We can do that mom." Dyson gave her a look.

"Oh, so you and Parker are going to move 7 beams, 6 bar set ups , 2 ring set ups, the 3 vaults, and the floor mats yourself?" She gave us a look.

I looked over at Dyson. "We are not doing that shit by ourselves." I shook my head.

"We will be there Mrs. Cross." Garret nodded.

"Thank you baby." She smiled, and then she looked at Hal and raised her eyebrows.

"Don't look at me like that woman." He shook his head.

"You woman me again you're gonna be sleeping on the couch and washing your own drawers." She nodded. "He is a nice boy."

"She is 16." Hal nodded.

"I was 16 and you were 19 when we got caught in the back of your race car trailer." She crossed her arms.

I choked back a laugh and just covered my mouth.

"Ew." Dyson shook his head.

"What is up with your family and trailers?" Craig looked back at Dyson and whispered.

"Shut up." Dyson nodded.

Hal nodded and pursed his lips. "When you guys get up to my house, you shower in the garage one at a time. Dyson and Parker will take the rest of you out back. Piper and Anson are out there doing trampoline stuff." He looked at Garret. "You have until you leave to talk to my daughter."

"And, you do not leave Parker and Dyson's sight." Pete nodded.

"Park, we'll be over at the house going over some bike options for Lucy." My dad nodded.

"So Lucy is getting a bike, but I can't." Garret looked at Pete.

"You really wanna go over this again." Pete nodded.

"No." He shook his head and looked at Sherry. "Thank you Mrs. Cross." He gave her a small smile.

"Sherry baby. And any time. I'll get him there, don't worry." She rubbed his shoulder.

"You just lucky he likes his bed and clean clothes." I nodded.

Dyson and I helped load their bikes and junk in to their team trailer. They hopped in to Garret and Dalton's trucks, Pete hopped in the side by sides with the dads, and we headed up.

*Anson's POV*

My dad brought Piper up, she changed in to a leo and a pair of gymnastics shorts, and we were just doing some tumbling on the trampoline.

She had just finished a series of handsprings when I finally asked. "So, Dyson or Craig?"

"What do you mean?" She gave me a look and moved to the edge.

"Well, you're having sex with my brother, but hanging out with both of them. What's going on?" I laughed and threw my series.

"I don't know." She shook her head. "I mean, at first it was just a bit of fun, but like, Craig's interested in more than my vagina, and Dyson's your brother." She shrugged.

I sat down on the edge next to her. "Dyson is my brother." I nodded. "But, he's the one person I can count on to keep you safe and treat you right. I mean, shit, he's known you for what, 10 years now? He'd do anything for you, and if you're actually in to him, go for it." I shrugged.

"But then there's Craig. And Craig is hot, and sweet, he actually wants to be seen with me in public." She nodded.

"So does Dys." I nodded.

"Grandma would probably be more comfortable with Dyson honestly. Just because she knows him, and Craig she's never met a day in her life." She shook her head. "Like, all I can really think about is which one my mom would like more."

I sighed. "It's been hitting a lot lately hasn't it." I pursed my lips.

She nodded. "It's been two years." She pursed her lips. "And, I know you're still pissed. But, Parker, he called me every night for 3 months after she died. He made a trip over here just so he could be here for the funeral. I heard more from him in those 3 months, than I've heard from my dad in 16 years. He's a prick, but, he's got a good heart, and you know he'd do anything for either of us. If I have I have to figure out how I feel, so do you." She nodded.

"I know how I feel about Parker. You know how I feel about Parker."

"No, we know how hurt 12 year old Anson was about Parker. Talk it out Ans. I can't go through the school year with you two doing this." She let out a small laugh.

I sighed. "I'll consider it if you do."

"Deal." She nodded. "Now go throw an areal series." She smiled.

I shook my head and stood up, then we heard trucks pulling in with the side by side.

"What the hell?" I gave her a look.

She shrugged.

And then a group of dudes walked out back with my brother and Parker.

One of them being Garret.

"Guys?" Piper looked at them.

"Using the shower in the garage." Dyson nodded.

Griffin, Craig, and Garret came walking right up to the trampoline.

"My dad let you come back here?" I gave Garret a look.

He nodded. "Your mom threatened him with sleeping on the couch and clean clothes. I have until we leave." He smiled.

"Don't you want to go shower?" I pursed my lips.

"I will shower when I get home, more time to talk to you." He nodded.

"Awe." I pouted. I laid on my stomach and kissed his cheek.

"Dad said talk, not touch!" Dyson yelled.

We both just looked at him. "Shut up." We both nodded.

"Well ladies." Griffin clapped his hands together. "Lets see what you got."

"Uh, we're level 7 and 8, we got a lot." Piper nodded.

"Show us something cool then." Craig laughed.

"Uh, Dyson!" I yelled. "Since apparently you're baby sitting, come boost!"

"Only if you do that twisty shit." He stood up, walked over, and climbed up the trampoline.

"Get your nasty ass boots off." I nodded.

He rolled his eyes, unbuckled his riding boots, and threw them on the grass.

Piper and I started doing a bunch of different flips.

"I feel like I'm at a circus." Harvey clapped.

Parker just looked at him. "You really don't have a brain, do you." He shook his head. "It's gymnastics, not cirque de sole."

"Aren't they the same thing?" Harvey shook his head.

Parker looked over at Craig, Griffin, and Garret. "Is he serious."

Garret pursed his lips and nodded.

"We didn't put him on the team." Griffin shook his head.

"Dalton, we asked or him. But Harvey, no." Craig shook his head.

We did some more tricks, Griffin showered and came back, Craig showered and came back, and now Dalton was out here when Harvey was in the shower.

And then my phone went off.

"Can I have that?" I pointed at my phone in my shoe.

Griffin bent down and handed it to me.

A; Hello?

D; Hey baby, we're over at Dans. You busy?

A; Just throwing tricks, what's up.

D; That boy better be away from you. We'll be right over.

A; OK.

I hung up. "Go sit by Parker." I looked at Garret. "All three dad's are coming over."

"Shit." He nodded and practically ran across my yard.

We threw a few more tricks until they walked in to the back yard.

"What's up?" I asked as they walked over to the trampoline.

"Lucy, is about to turn 10." My dad nodded.

"OK?" I gave him a look.

"Do you remember what kind of bike you had when you were 10?" He gave me a look.

"Uh, I think it was either a 110 or 150 because I'm small. I think it was 110."

"Alright then, I have a proposition for you." Pete nodded.

"Let's hear it." I sat on the edge of the trampoline.

"How would you feel about custom building Lucy a 110?" He smiled.

"Hell nah!" Garret yelled.

"She wasn't caught in the back of a trailer." Pete turned around.

"Uh, why?" I shook my head.

"Because you can turn a 110 in to a racing bike. I want her to have a bike with a little oomph, but still be a good size for her to ride. And you know how much power a bike can handle."

"Why me though, why not one of them." I gave him a look.

"Because they want you to do it. I want you to do it. Get your builds out there, show what they have." Pete nodded.

"And, what's in it for me?" I pursed my lips.

"How's $3000 sound?" Dan smiled.

"What!" I yelled.

"We went over numbers, how much parts are going to cost, plus you teaching her how to ride it because you are a girl, and you can show her how a girl should ride instead of one of them telling her to rip it wide open and go." My dad shrugged.

I looked up at Piper.

She smiled and nodded. "Oh honey, do it."

I pursed my lips and nodded. I held my hand out to Pete. "You've got your self a deal." I smiled.

"Atta girl. Looking forward to it." He smiled.

Team Thomas left, and Piper and I decided to go up and start getting ready for the beach party tonight.