18.

*Cash's POV*
It's Saturday.
Date day, and honestly, I'm super excited.
Anson, Parker, Dyson and I have been down at the track all day for the race in 3 weeks.
These next 3 weeks are going to be busy.
I have ROTC next weekend, Piper and Anson have a competition in 2 weeks. The race in 3 weeks. Which means non stop training for both.
I'm ready.
"Bring it in." My dad said through the headphones.
We all headed off the track and up to the shop.
We took our helmets off.
"Alright." Dan clapped. "We all know the next race is High Water. Correct?"
We all nodded.
"And Cash you won't be here next weekend til Sunday afternoon, correct?" Hal looked at me.
"Yes. Uh, we're doing ROTC a week early because they're doing promotion ceremonies the week we're supposed to be there." I nodded.
"Alright, then we'll put you down for Sunday after noon." Hal smiled. "Ans, you are not riding the weekend before the race because you have a competition. Which you two will be going." He pointed at Dyson and Parker.
"And you will be going too." My dad pointed at me. "Quinn wants to go, and you're going to support your team mate."
"Dad I was going to go anyway." I nodded.
"But, as for today, you all can go. You." Hal pointed at me. "I want to talk to you."
"Oh Jesus Christ." Anson shook her head.
Parker and Dyson let out a small laugh.
"It's fine." I nodded and looked at Anson. "Go, I'll pick you up in 2 hours." I smiled.
"Dad." She crossed her arms.
"Go." He raised his eyebrows. "You too." He looked at Parker and Dyson.
"Ah come on." Dyson pouted.
"Boys, go." Dan pointed up toward the houses.
"Cash I will see you at home?" My dad looked at me.
"Yes Sir." I nodded.
Everyone left, and here Hal and I are, sitting in the shop and he's giving me a look that's giving me a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach.
The minute he crossed his arms and tilted his head, the funny feeling turned in to pure fear.
" 4 things." He held 4 fingers up.
I cleared my throat. "OK." I nodded.
"1." He held a finger up. "No drinking." He shook his head.
"I don't drink anyway." I pursed my lips.
"2." He held up another. "No drugs."
"Nope." I shook my head.
"3. No hands. Keep them to yourself." He nodded.
"Yes sir." I choked out.
"4. She's home by curfew. 11:00." He crossed his arms again.
"Yes sir." I nodded.
"Where are you two going?"
I literally explained the entire date to him.
He nodded. "Do not let her eat anything with mushrooms."
"Is she allergic to mushrooms?" I raised my eyebrows.
"Yes, she is. She will tell you she isn't because she likes mushrooms, but her tongue swells and her lips get puffy."
"No mushrooms." I nodded.
"You, are good to go. 11:00 sharp, the 3 no's, and remember I see you every weekend and I'm not scared of prison." He patted my shoulder.
"Yes sir."
That man would scare any teenage boy away. But with a dad like mine who scares me with just a look, I was only the slightest bit nervous that I bring her home even a minute late, that I may actually get shot.
I went home, showered, hell I even shaved my face.
But I was still trying to pick out a shirt when Kinsley walked in to my room.
"Great, help me please." I nodded.
She crossed her arms. "I will, if you promise me something." She nodded.
"OK, what?"
"That this isn't going to be like the last time." She shook her head.
I sighed and closed my eyes. "Meaning?"
"Meaning that this isn't a Morgan situation." She nodded. "That you're not just trying with Anson because you think it's going to be a fun little challenge."
I raised my eyebrows. "Really?" I nodded. "We're going here right now?"
"Yeah Cash, we are. Because much like Morgan, I actually really like Anson. And as soon as you got Morgan, you let her go."
"That's not what happened and you know it. I'm not going to stick with someone if I'm not feeling it anymore." I shook my head. "And I never meant to hurt Morgan, you know that. But Anson, she's not Morgan. She's a lot more than Morgan. And this, is weird, because Anson and I just met, but she has my undivided attention. And I'm going to do everything I can to make it work." I nodded.
She pursed her lips and nodded. "Wear your grey neff shirt with your teal snap back because of the design on the shirt."
"Really." I scrunched my face.
She nodded and pulled it out of my closet. She handed it to me then grabbed me by my face so my cheeks were smooshed. "If you screw her over, I will run over you with your own car, and then I will let her shoot you." She nodded.
I took a deep breath. "OK." I nodded.
Fuck she's serious.

*Anson's POV*
I'm not going to lie, although I'm excited, I am nervous as shit.
This is my first actual 'I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime' date. Not the 'hey lets hang out' bullshit that happened with Garrett.
Never in my life did I think it would be with a 6'2 military brat who throws people around and gets shot at for fun. But hey, I guess it's going to be.
I showered, I did my make up, I even did my hair all straight and in a half high pony.
I threw on a pair of jean shorts, a grey top that scrunches at the bottom with white flowers on it, and my grey converse.
I was putting on my necklace and bracelet when Dyson and Parker came walking in to my room and plopped on my bed.
"Can I help the two of you?" I gave them a look.
They both looked at each other, folded their hands, and smiled at me.
"What?" I shook my head.
"When a boy and a girl love each other very much-"
"Stop it." I pointed at Dyson.
"What, we have this all planned out for you." Parker nodded.
"There's no need for it." I shook my head. "Get out."
"But little baby sister, you need to know the whole truth about the birds and the bee's." Dyson nodded.
"I take health. I got it." I rolled my eyes.
"Oh oh oh." Parker held his finger up. "Is that a corvette I hear?"
"Seriously don't start with me." I shook my head.
"Oh so you don't want me to go meet him at the front door? Scare the shit out of him before you go?" Dyson laughed.
"No no. I think I'm scary enough. Ask Dalton for references." I laughed and grabbed my bag.
"You know, we can follow you, make sure he's not actually a serial killer, wont take advantage of you or anything." Dyson laughed as I walked out of my room.
"Shouldn't you two have dates." I rolled my eyes and walked down the stairs.
"Oh but we do. We're going on a date tonight." Parker nodded.
"Yes, the bromance is real." I shook my head and headed toward the front door.
"Nope." My dad came walking down the hallway. "I will answer that."
"Dad you like Cash, cut him some slack." I sighed.
"You're right, I do like Cash but I love you more." He smiled and opened the door. "Hi Cash."
"Hi Hal." He pursed his lips.
"Hi." I walked over and smiled.
"Hi." He raised his eyebrows.
Then my dad held up 4 fingers. "Do we need to go over them again?"
"No sir." Cash shook his head.
"Alright then." He nodded, grabbed me by my face and kissed my cheek. "I love you, have fun, Cash what time is curfew." My dad looked at him.
"11:00." Cash nodded.
"Alright." My dad patted his shoulder.
"Oh my god." I shook my head. "Lets go." I grabbed Cash's hand and basically ran out of my house.
Yet again, another thing Garrett has never done for me, was open my door for me, but here Cash is opening my door for me.
"I'm sorry." I sighed and looked at him when he got in the drivers seat.
"Anson, he's your dad." He laughed. "He had every right, and I'm praying to god my dad does the same thing with Kinsley." He nodded. "But you, look gorgeous." He smiled.
"Thank you." I smiled as he pulled out of the driveway. "Where are we going."
"Well, it's cheat day. And growing up, one of my favorite things ever was fair food. And according to Piper, it's yours too." He smiled.
I gasped. "We're going to the fair." My smile grew.
"We are." He nodded. "There's only one more week left, but, we can't next weekend, so tonight, we're going to eat whatever our heart desires, ride rides, play games, and we're gonna have a blast."
"Oh I love the fair." I clapped. "This is going to be so fun."
"I told you you'd find out how fun I can be." He reached over and grabbed my hand. He pulled it up to his mouth and kissed my knuckles.
That simple little thing just made my heart skip.
Where in the hell did I find him?
He and I talked about ROTC next weekend, apparently, he will actually be getting shot at next weekend. Great.
After a half hour, we were pulling in to the packed lot of the White County Fair grounds.
"So." He opened my door for me. "What to do first? Food, rides, games?"
"Food." I nodded.
He laughed. "And what're you hungry for?"
"Everything." I laughed.
We got our bracelets and our hands stamped.
"So, what is your favorite fair food?" I looked up at him as he grabbed my hand.
"Oof." He shook his head. "That's hard. Uh, food food or snack food."
"Food food." I nodded.
"Hmm, probably nacho's." He nodded. "Like loaded nacho's. The cheese, onions, jalapenos, all that."
"Ooo, that sounds good."
"What about you? What is your favorite food food?"
"It's a tie, between loaded fries, and, they have this breakfast burger, and it's like, an egg, hashbrows, bacon and cheese on it, and the bun is a glazed donut. But it's so big I can never finish both."
"Oh, oh my god. Yes." He nodded. "How about, you get your fries, I get nachos, and we get one of those burgers, and we split it." He smiled.
"I like the way you think Cashew." I nodded.
"Anson I will kick the crap out of you." He laughed.
We got our fries, nacho's, two massive lemonades because you can't go to a fair without getting fresh squeezed lemonade. Then we grabbed this big, juicy, greasy burger.
"UGh look at this thing." He sighed. "I don't think I've ever been more excited for a burger." He laughed and cut it in half.
"Wait until you taste it." I nodded.
"The anticipation is killing me." He nodded.
"Then 1." I smiled.
"2." He smiled.
As soon as I said 3 we both took a bite, and his eyes basically rolled to the back of his head.
"This should not be this good." He shook his head. "A donut, and a beef. Oh my god."
"I told you." I nodded. "You wanna walk or sit?"
"Walk." He smiled. "Vendor buildings?"
"Absolutely." I smiled.
We walked across the fair grounds, eating amazing food.
"So, I have a question." He looked down at me.
"Ask away." I nodded.
"You can clearly takes jumps. But why do you hesitate so much?"
I pursed. "Uhm, I broke my pelvis a few years ago."
"Really?" He raised his eyebrows.
I nodded. "I was going over a jump, and the dirt was rough, so when I went up, I lost my grip, flew off my bike, and when it came down, it crushed my pelvis."
"Ouch." He scrunched his face. "How long did that take?"
"12 weeks. And now I have anxiety, because I couldn't do anything." I shook my head. "But, I do really good at keeping my self busy so I don't have to take meds. Even though I probably should." I laughed.
"Yeah, yeah you are a little crazy." He laughed.
I cleared my throat. "OK, so confession." I nodded.
"OK." We threw our stuff away and he held my hand again.
"Garrett and I never actually went on a date." I pursed my lips.
He raised his eyebrows. "What?"
I shook my head. "It was always just, lets hang out, so it was always at the beach, races, or his house." I nodded.
He let out a small smile. "Anson, is this your first date?"
I nodded. "Yeah. Pathetic, right?"
"No." He shook his head. "Because now I'm gonna make it the best date of your life." He smiled and pulled me through the building.
We walked around the vendors for a while, they actually had a lot of cute stuff.
We rode rides, turned out he does not like being upside down.
We stopped and got snacks. Deep fried oreos, cotton candy, funnel cake and my favorite, root beer floats.
We made our way around the entire fair grounds when taking tons of pictures when finally, we walked past a game but I grabbed his hand and pulled him back.
It's the one where you shoot water at the targets and the thing goes up to a bell.
"Come on." I smiled.
"Oh no." He shook his head.
"Come on. ROTC training." I pointed at him. "Shoots thing on top of a shed." I motioned toward myself. "We've gotta see whose aim is better. Which it's mine, but-"
"Oh you think so, huh." He smiled and nodded.
"I know so." I nodded.
"Girl, you're about to get schooled." He nodded.
We sat down, and my god, I got schooled.
"Well, you could shoot me, but if you aim at my head it'll hit my knee." He laughed.
"Oh you have military training." I rolled my eyes. "I got played." I shook my head.
"Ans it was your idea." He nodded. "Come on, pick one." He smiled and pointed at the prizes.
"Hmm." I looked up and smiled. "The big blue kitty."
"OK." He smiled.
"Here you go honey." The worker handed it to me.
"Thank you." I smiled.
"Now there." Cash threw his arm over my shoulder. "Is one more ride we go on before we leave."
"Ferris Wheel?" I smiled.
"Yes ma'am. And the line isn't that big now." He smiled.
We basically ran over there, got on in no time.
I couldn't help but just look out at all the lights.
"You really like the Ferris Wheels." He nodded.
"I love Ferris Wheels. " I nodded.
"Why?" He reached down and grabbed my hand.
"Just, being at the very top makes me feel like I'm on top of the world." I shook my head. "Everything looks so much more beautiful from up here."
"Yeah, especially you." He smiled.
I looked at him and raised my eyebrows.
"Just, the way you're smiling right now." He nodded. "I think it's the first time I've actually seen someone smile that big."
"Yeah, I'm like a little kid right now." I let out a small laugh.
"Not even that, you're just, less scary up here. Up here, I kinda feel like I could take you." He nodded.
"Yeah, because you can physically throw me off this thing." I shook my head.
"Or, pull you closer." He shrugged, wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and pulled me in to him.
He put his hand on the side of my face, leaned in, and kissed me.
Being kissed at the top of a Ferris Wheel is one of the most cliche dream scenarios I have ever had. But holy god cross it off my bucket list.
But now I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach as my heart beats out of my chest.
He pulled away and smiled. "Am I fun yet?"
I let out a small laugh. "You're fun." I nodded.
"Yes!" He threw his hands in the air. "But unfortunately, it's 10:30, and I feel like keeping my arms attached."
"Oh." I whined.
"Come on." He held his hand out when we were at the bottom.
I was sad as hell, but we left the fair and I was home with 2 minutes to spare.
And much like the gentleman he is, he walked me up to my porch.
"Did you bring cotton candy home with you?" He looked down at me.
"You smell it too? I have no clue where it's coming from." I shook my head.
"Well it's definitely coming from you." He nodded.
I pulled the collar of my shirt up and smelled it, my arms, and it turns out, this blue kitty smells like Cotton Candy.
"It's the kitty." I laughed.
"Well, now there's two things to remind you of your first date. A cotton candy kitty and you ass kicked at shooting." He smiled.
"Shut up." I shook my head.
"And hopefully, there's more after this one?" He pursed his lips and looked down at me.
I looked up and smiled. "There will be." I nodded.
He smiled, leaned down, and kissed me.
A long drawn out kiss.
And as soon as my front door flew open, I jumped and bent over.
"God dad!" I yelled.
"Cash." He crossed his arms.
Cash took a deep breath. "Hal." He pursed his lips.
"Goodnight." He nodded. "We'll see you tomorrow."
"Yes sir." He nodded and looked at me. "Goodnight."
"Goodnight." I pursed my lips.
He basically sprinted to his car.
I turned and looked at me dad. "Really." I nodded.
"What?" He shook his head.
I raised my eyebrows.
"Piper is upstairs waiting for you. Go, teenager who just went on her first date." He pointed up.
"It was a good date." I shrugged.
"And Anson." He called when I got half way up the stairs.
"What?" I turned around.
"There will be none of that shit on the track." He shook his head.
"I figured dad. Just, please, you got the first one out of the way. We both get it." I nodded.
"Then my job is done." He smiled and walked in to the living room.
I walked to my room, slammed my door shut and flopped next to Piper.
"Bitch tell me everything!" She jumped up.
I told her everything. Literally right down to the feelings.
"Oh my god." She shook her head.
"What." I pursed my lips.
"You are really in to him." She nodded.
Yes, I am.
And now I'm scared.
But Mama didn't raise no bitch.
Suck it up Anson.
He's just a boy.

No. No Cash Miketish is not just a boy.