25.

*Parker's POV*

Since it is Friday night, and the fire works are late, Hal decided that Anson could hang out with me, no curfew.

Thank god.

After I put her in my jeep, we headed out to Nulls.

She turned around and gave me a look. "What is all that." She smiled.

"Well, fire works aren't until late. So I figured we'd go get food, we'd head down to the beach, the laptop is back there, so, we could lay out, watch some movies as the sun goes down, listen to some music maybe, and just, relax for once." I nodded.

Her smile grew. "Movies under the cool breeze of the beach, snacks, and fire works. Sounds perfect." She nodded.

"Great." I smiled.

We headed to Nulls, got two large pizza's. Mine, supreme, hers ham and pineapple because she's a freak, we stopped and got drinks to toss in the cooler with the snacks, and we headed down to the beach.

We found the perfect spot for where the fire works are supposed to be, and we both crawled in the back of the jeep.

"So." She flipped my lap top open. "How are things with Cadence."

I just looked at her. "We're just friends Ani." I nodded.

"You two, stare at each other constantly."

"We do not. She stares at me." I pursed my lips.

"You two have had sex every time you've come home from Arizona, and have sex once a week." She raised her eyebrows.

"I like having sex." I shrugged.

"You asked her to homecoming." She nodded.

"Because you told me to." I pointed at her. "Cadence and I, we're just friends. Why do you keep asking about Cadence?"

"She just seems really excited to be spending time with you." She shrugged.

"Well, right now I'm spending time with you, so can we stop talking about Cadence?"

"Geez snappy." She leaned back and pulled her pizza box in to her lap.

I sighed. "I'm sorry." I shook my head. "Just, she's a nice girl, but she's annoying as hell."

"Why do you have to be so picky with girls?" She crossed her arms.

Jesus Christ Anson.

This is not how this is supposed to be going.

I took a deep breath. "I guess, when it comes to actually being with someone, I'm waiting for someone who takes my breath away. Who, makes my heart skip a beat when I look at her. Makes me feel like nothing in the world matters but her and I. Someone who makes me want to be a better person every day. So I guess, until I find her, this is what it is. I'm not picky, I just know what I'm looking for."

She just stared at me.

"What?"

"I have never heard you talk like that before." She shook her head.

"You've never asked." I gave her a small smile.

She smiled. "I like the answer though." She pulled up Netflix and started the movie After.

"Ani I'm not watching this." I shook my head.

"Don't you want me to be happy." She pouted.

I sighed. "Fuck. Alright." I shook my head and flipped my pizza box open and started eating.