across the room • tzuyu

My closest cousin and I arrived at my new place. I told him about me moving out of my family house because i have decided to test my independence. Fortunately, my parents were supportive about it.

"I don't wanna see your face again, mister." A man points his fingers at the old man.

"So do i, better live somewhere else!" The old man shouts in the hallway and walked away from him.

When the old man was approaching my direction, i mistakenly forgot to look away because i was watching them.

"What you lookin' at, kid!?" He stomped his feet towards me that made me flinch.

"N-Nothing.."

I took a deep sigh right after the old man has been completely gone from the hallways. I'm a bit disturbed, do people who live around the building treat everyone like this? Ugh.. i hope i won't regret moving into this place.

"Aah, last one." I dropped the last pile of boxes on the floor.

"All done, right?" Beomgyu clapped his hands so as to get rid of the dust.

"Yep."

"No prob, just call me when you need something. I'm just below your floor anyway." He said.

"You're all talk, your phone is always on DND. Just happened that you turned it off the time i dialed you!" I laughed.

"Hey that's not.. Okay, you're right." He chuckled.

"Ight! I still got plenty of errands to do. Thanks for the help." I did a fist bump with him.

"Alright, i'll get going then. Welcome to Seoul!" Beomgyu waved good bye and left my condo unit.

I sighed deeply and sat down on the floor. There's still no stuff and furnitures in it and i'm buying them on the following days. The pile of boxes that i brought contains just a few of my things from home that i decided to transfer here, the rest of the things that i need will just be bought if i had the time to shop.

"Hmm.. so this is Seoul." I said to myself as i take a look outside the window.

This is like few cities away from my hometown so the streets and the places are quite unfamiliar to me. That is why i decided to tour myself around outside by walking around the streets.

Walking around, a pleasant aroma caught my attention and i tried to follow where it was coming from.

Obviously, i knew the food was bread from its smell but i was still curious about it. Of course i won't let this moment slide, it's a bread! So, i went inside the café shop.

Oh hell, this is totally heaven

Oh hell, this is totally heaven. Just in time, i heard my stomach growling which only means i should buy some of these newly baked breads.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Feel free to pick many from our delicious bread." One of the worker from the shop greeted while she handed me the tongs and the bread tray.

I gave the worker a smile and looked at her name plate. "Kamsahamnida, Mina."

Looking at the breads, i took my time to get everything that i could eat later when i get home.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" The worker from earlier welcomed the new customer.

I heard the wind chimes as the shop's door opened but i was too busy on my own business. I then grabbed the baguette bread at the corner, lucky me to get the last piece.

"Annyeonghaseyo, do you still have um.. the long bread?" I heard.

"The baguette? Yes, it's still.. Oh, sorry that was the last one."

I heard the conversation and that made me look at them because i thought the worker was referring to me.

"This?" I slightly raised the baguette from my arm. "Ah, you can take it."

"Oh, a-aniyo! It's okay.." The girl shyly said while bowing a little. She was smiling to me but i could see her disappointment, i guess she really went here for this.

"No, it's really fine! It's not for tonight anyway, i can buy this another day." I nodded and handed her the baguette.

"Are you sure? Thank you so much." She smiled and took the long bread from me.

After buying myself some foods, i went back to my condominium to eat what i just bought from the cafeteria. The taste of the breads were amazing but i was not satisfied because i forgot to try their coffees in the menu.

"Woah, these are great huh? I should stop by again tomorrow."

I spent my night well eating them while watching the television that was the only thing inside my unit with my comforter. I should start buying some furnitures.

Then i remembered the speaker that Beomgyu gave me as a welcome gift. He really knows i love listening to loud music, he's really a good friend.

"I should try them." I turned the speaker on and played my favorite playlist while the lights are only on dim mode.

I was enjoying the vibe as i was grooving all by myself when i heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it? Wait a second!"

I opened the door to see someone familiar to me. Hold on.. isn't she the girl from the bread cafeteria?

"Excuse me, i just live across your room. Can you turn the volume down?"

 Can you turn the volume down?"