slow dancing • tzuyu

"Go ask her, I won't do it for you this time!" Nayeon shook her head as she stood up from the table.

"Wait!!"

"What?" She looked at you.

"You know i can't do this."

You swallowed the lump on your throat when you looked at Tzuyu who was sitting with her friends on the other side of your table. What makes it worse was that her friends were leaving their table one by one to hit the dance floor.

"Don't waste the night, Y/N." She slapped your cheek lightly with the tip of her hands before she left.

The DJ suddenly turned the music into a slow and romantic one. A lot were starting to ask people to dance with them and that gave you a sign to have some guts or regret things later if not.

"Ah, seriously..?" You sighed to yourself and gathered up the courage to do it.

The pressure on your chest was pounding hard as you approached Tzuyu's table until one of your schoolmates approached in front of you.

"Ayo, you look like you need something cool to drink. Won't you chug some with my friends out there? Come on!" Scoups was blocking your sight with his head.

You suddenly noticed that someone has already approached her. It did not surprise you anymore that it was Mingyu, realizing that his friend purposefully hindered you.

"What's the matter? You don't wanna ran out of shots there." He tried to pull you and that is when Tzuyu gaze at you.

You felt embarrassed and turned back her direction because you were certain that she knew you were going to ask her.

"I think i'm good." You told Scoups who was nodding as you walked towards the stairwell.

"Y/N?" You were walking down the stairwell when Tzuyu called you from the door while she was holding her dress that was touching the floor.

"Oh.. Is everything good?" You acted like you had no idea that she had already saw you. Embarrassing.

"Where are you going?" She frowned.

'Going home, i guess.' You thought.

"Uh, just getting some fresh air. It's getting crowded inside." You chuckled.

"Okay." She closed the stairwell door and followed you.

"What are you.."

"I'm coming with you. I'm starting to feel suffocated in there anyway." She said.

"How about Mingyu?"

"What about him? I told him my feet hurt." She laughed cutely.

Your cheeks were getting warm as you heard what she said. It was really unpredictable of her to do that as you were expecting that she would accept his invitation.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Tzuyu asked with a concerned face.

"O-Of course."

You both headed down to the first floor outside the venue and sat on the bench.

"Won't he-"

"Hey! Forget about him." Tzuyu scolded.

"Oop, sorry." You chuckled.

"Have you had your first dance?" She suddenly asked.

"Well, that was random."

"I know," She laughed. "I'm just curious."

"Supposedly, tonight." You admitted.

Tzuyu obviously knew what you meant. She has been aware that you liked her since the school year started. You didn't want to beat around the bush anymore.

"You know, you should've asked me before he could." She joked.

"Ah.. My bad." You went along that made you both laugh.

Without a warning, raindrops started falling on the ground abruptly.

"Oh-"

"Hurry!" You covered the top of her head before running through the rain.

It surprised you when she disappeared from your side. You looked for her and she was just there in the middle of the street, waiting for you to ask her intent.

"Tzuyu, w-what are you doing?!" You ran towards to pull her hand but she forced you to stay under the rain with her.

"Dance with me." She was smiling.

"Wait, what?"

"I'll be your first dance."

There it happened, your first slow dance. And it was with her, under the rain.