slow burn • mina

It's been years since the first day when you liked Mina. You have already confessed your feelings for her 2 years ago and it went well and she accepted you. One day, you thought about giving up because she always says she still could not put a relationship in one of her priorities and you have always understood that.

That thought just came back into your mind and you don't know if you should still hold on. Tonight, you messaged Mina asking if you could meet face to face to get rid of your intrusive thoughts about your relationship with her.

 Tonight, you messaged Mina asking if you could meet face to face to get rid of your intrusive thoughts about your relationship with her

You let her decide where you two would talk and you ended up meeting up with her near their house's small village park.

"Y/N." Mina smiled as she tapped your shoulder while you were sitting on the swing.

You were about to stand up to transfer to the benches but she stopped you and so you stayed there. Mina sat beside the swing you were sitting at.

"You know i've always liked you for almost 4 years, right?"

"Is there a problem?" She looked at you.

"No not really. It's just i wanted to make things clear for me, for us.."

"You can tell me what's bothering you."

"It's just.. we've been talking for years now. And i don't think this is going somewhere? I'm just getting confused."

"What are your plans?" She abruptly asked.

"Like plans for this?"

"Mm." She nodded.

"I actually wanted to.. court you. But i can't find the right time to ask you."

"Okay."

"..What do you mean, okay?" Your eyebrows flinched in confusion.

"You can court me." Mina simply says.

"Are you s-sure about that?"

"It's just courting anyway. You can come to our house when you're ready to ask my parents." She chuckled as she just looked at you with an endearing smile she wears.

"Wow.. thank y-you, Mina. I promise i won't waste this opportunity."

This really was a 'worth the wait' moment for you. Well, she didn't say yes to your proposal to be your girlfriend but she just gave you the permission to court her. Yet, it feels like it. When you got home, you weren't being yourself as you closed the bedroom door immediately to jump around the bed and shout as loud as you can from joy. It made you so happy.

You knew that sometimes, taking things slow isn't always a bad thing. Just going with the flow, turning around from your worries or fears, and trusting the process is still possibly worth it.

What you have with Mina may be a slow process, but you realized it is still a process. Instead of complaining about it, you were only genuinely enjoying the time waiting because you know you have always been serious about her.