CHAPTER 12: wet

Sunday, October 23, 2088 3:00

Blaise

My body burns from pain, if only I could not wake up now if I could stay in this place forever. In the back of my mind even though I will always have to feel the pain of the world at least I can choose to not see what's causing it.

It's your turn. The voice that torments me has a newfound strength like the long naps he used to take wasn't needed anymore.

You sound strong. Now I'm the one sounding weak.

They can't know that I am, not more than they already do. What had he done with the idea of being hidden forever?

What did you do? I don't want to ask but I feel the need to know what became of my body.

I took over our vessel. If I was fully concise and wasn't already laying down I would have fainted.

You did what?

I controlled our bodies. I thought the thing that would always and forever be mine would be my body. No matter how many adjustments they made to it or who they put in my mind, my body would always be in my control. I was wrong and why did it feel like I was being betrayed from who or what I didn't know?

It's mine! my body is mine, you can never take it from me!

With a new strength in me, I push through all of the pain and snap my eyes open, yelling in pain as I try to take my body. My vision is dark and blurry but I still try to get out of my bed once I feel it.

I'm laying on a bed drenched from sweat, blood, and ...feathers? And it's not just on my bed it's everywhere on the floor, walls and even the ceiling. Is it mine? Did he kill someone or... something?

I try to crawl out of the bed and in those moments, everything I do feels more vivid, feels slower. But that's not it? I freeze before I start to get up again, something is different and it's not just the blood-filled room but now that I look closely at the walls and floors again there is another thing that is out of place there's. Water?

I stumble onto the wet floor but the water never touches my feet. It parts like the red sea moving the blood with it. I slowly place a hand out to make sure I haven't gone completely mad and the second my hand reaches within an inch of the floor lights above me flicker and pop. I stubble back shocked and hold onto a nearby wall, with that connection thunder roars out making the walks vibrate.

Stop panicking, you're making it worse. The bird starts to warn me but I'm far from listening.

Adrenaline overpowers the pain I felt for a few seconds as all of a sudden I have the urge to get out. But I can't so I run, I run up on the floor, to walls, and onto the ceiling in circles fast, so fast that the speed should have only been able to be possible in a superhero's world. But who was I to compare myself to one?