33: Limp

November 1, 10:59 pm 

 unnamed

I could not grasp the reason why he looked familiar. I haven't seen this man in the facility but I have no memories of what happened when I was not in that forsaken place. Maybe it's a man from Blaise's past.

"Do you know me?" I ask, being conscious of the way his face moves while he answers the question. "If I had seen you before I would have remembered: you're quite an interesting looking character."

The man looks down at my torso placing a hand on my left side signaling for me to turn around. "What's the story you have from these marks?" the man asks, most likely tracing the scars across my body. If I stood naked in front of a large mirror how many scars would appear 50, 80, 100? How deep would they be, will every needle that has ever been used to inject me appear in small dots all over. Not even my eyes had been spared.

"Drugs." I said calmly. Technically it wasn't completely false. "Don't steal, don't kill, don't do anything that will bring attention, stay aways from cameras." I know I wont be able to hold on to those rules but I won't throw them out the wind yet. I saw the man's hand reach from my skin but I didn't stop it. A part of me wants to be touched, the other part wants to rip off any hand that tries to. I take off his hand from my body as it never stopped lingering on my skin. "My apologies, I haven't seen marks like that in probably 40 years." the man says nervously.

I don't bother to continue making conversation. Hoping I didn't waste time in that room with mirrors. I make my way through the only other path I didn't take finding a staircase that led to more halls. I see a sign with a word I know the meaning to. Salida. I make my way to the exit, opening the door and entering a world even more unfamiliar. Colorful neon paint is splattered across the buildings. I spot 4 different symbols and more letters making words. I find the people who walk by me strange. Majority of them have their faces hidden or white paint across their face. The females I see wear flowers in their hair while most of the males wear white shirts and black pants. My white shirt and black trousers help me blend in but not enough. "Stay aways from cameras." Those words again echo in my head as I look around to see so many in every corner. I look above at the sky and there seems to be more monitoring above me. I try to block my face with my hair till I can reach another area where I could get lost into a crowd of people. I try to paste myself in a speed that would seem natural, trying not to let my speed cause attention. I find myself at a parking lot going up the stairs not knowing what I'll find. Soon something catches my eyes. I walk stealthily next  to a vehicle peering inside. A man dips his finger into a small container and rubs it all over his eyes, blending in the black color with his surrounding skin. It Hides enough of the upper part of his face making him unrecognizable at first glance.Unless you would have memorized the features of his face he may be hard to identify. Maybe if he were to repeat the same hairstyle and had someone have known the details of his lips he could be recognizable.  This way no one will know who I am. I reach up my hand to punch the window through when I pause just in time for my fist not to collide. "don't do anything that will bring attention" but it's too late the man sees me from the corner of his eye and turns his head to look at me. I retreated back to where I had been but he must know someone is near.

Shit I think to myself. The moment I second guessed myself I lost the opportunity of an upper hand. I feel the man inside the vehicle rustling for something there's only two options I have. One wait and hope he doesn't call for anyone or two, electrocute the car and hope it doesn't seem obvious it's me.

I feel the door I lean on open quickly, with the back of my hand I try to shoot a light flick of electricity through the same door the man holds onto. Of course it turns out to be nothing but light..... I see one single lightning bolt catapult through the door landing straight into the heart of the man. he didn't even have time to scream out in agony, his heart had stopped the same swift second he had been touched. A loud crack of thunder erupts . Unknown to my knowledge the surrounding 6 vehicles around me go off;  I know if I do not leave as quickly as possible I will be caught for what I've done. I was distracted by a body dropping down at my feet to notice the noise. 

his eyes remain wide open and moth fully agape; his last moment he never processed. right in the middle of his chest is a black hole, burn marks rime his once white shirt.  His left hand holds what he died for. A small black container with letters on the cap that read gel eyeliner  written in silver letters. his right hand is still shaped as if he was gripping something. I look under the surrounding cars when I see it.  Now with the car door open the man's limp body hangs out the door. I notice now what he had dropped in the process of dying....a gun