CHAPTER 9: Sickness

Saturday, October 22, 2088, 12:36 pm

Spade walks down the concrete halls with her black heel-clicking loudly; she's furious. There was a next step in the doctor's crooked plan, how many more did he need to do before he stopped all this?

Blais became something horrific, something that she would have called a monster if she did not know it was him. How much more until he becomes what he looks like she thought to herself. The whole medical and science team stood silent with blank expressions on their faces while getting updates on the subject. She wondered if she was the only one who felt so strongly against all that they were doing.

Her vision slowly starts to become blurred and the objects around her start to become unrecognizable. She knows it's past due time to see the doctor, but her hatred for him has prevented that from happening for longer than she can afford. Her advanced painkillers only masked the fact that she was dying.

Every step she took seemed to take more of her energy; her breathing sped up tremendously, and her body felt like it weighed too much for her bones to carry. And before she knew it she was heading face first on the floor but swiftly at the last moment, she didn't reach it.

"Ma'am can you hear me?" large arms engulf Dr.Spade's fragile frame. She just responds with more laboring breaths. The only detail she can notice is the man's uniform color, green, the color that was only reserved for military personnel in the facility. So why was a dangerous criminal running down an endless amount of hallways trying to find someone to help her?