Chapter 14:Cigarettes

Sunday, October 29, 2088 11: 56

Itzel

"Halloween is coming, you know what that means." The boss says to me. His feet are propped up on his desk. A cigarette in between his fingers. 

"It will be a full town," I say looking at my tablet. About 1,500 people come in on a regular day. On Halloween, it goes up to an average of 2,700. Are you sure you want to keep the same protocol? We've had 3 traders revealed in the last 5 weeks. We don't even know who else is a trader." 

I look up to show him the data some of the nerds have gathered but the way I caught him gazing at me throws me off guard. I'm his next target. "That gaze of yours is dangerous," I say standing up to hand him my tablet hopefully whatever was going in his mind has left. He watches my every step but when I offer my tablet he doesn't take it. Instead, he stands and leans into my neck "What do you think of me." he whispers seductively. Only he could make everything coming out of his mouth sound wonderful. He is one of the only men I've met who's perfected the art of seduction. He could have said he had an order to kill me and I would have just been in awe of how his lips formed words together. 

His warm breath lingers on my neck as his nose softly grazes my jaw. "I know we keep our interactions strictly business but it's hard for me." 

He guides my body to be between him and his desk. Both of his strong arms hold me captive where I stand. His face is so close to mine that I could just lean in a few more centimeters and our lips would collide. Why would I stop them I think? My intrusive thoughts come over me as I leave no gap between his lips and mine. If he was caught off guard he didn't let it show. I didn't know what to expect when kissing one of the most powerful men in the valley. For some reason, I didn't experience it to feel so dirty.

His mouth tasted like the cigarette he had been enjoying, and the way his hands gripped me wasn't a secure feeling. It felt more like ropes typing me down on the table. Hadn't noticed his shirt was missing from his body till I felt his cold piercings on my body. Why was he so cold? As the seconds went by his soft kiss started turning into aggressive pressing. I lost the sense of where I was, a strange smell coming out of nowhere seemed to consume me.
"If you were anyone else," I whisper, it would feel wrong to speak loudly in this situation. He didn't bother asking what I meant; maybe my face told him how conflicted I was. He touches my cheek with his. The gentleness that he has with me is unreal. Does he do this with the other girls.... I know the answer when he appears squeezing my thigh firmly. 

"You've grown so much since we first met. You used to fool everyone that you had power, now you have more than you said you had."

"But there's not much you can get on your own after this." He looks into my eyes. His gaze was never warm but there was a coldness that I wasn't used to.

"I don't want anymore." I honestly snapped my head back. I grab his arm and pull it away. "I'll see you when you've decided on what the plan is for Halloween. Also don't forget we need 3 replacements for the positions we've lost. I'm tired of having extra work to do."
I'm almost out of the door when I hear him say "I'll let you be in charge of that. I trust you."