CHAPTER 1: Judgment

Thursday, December 13, 1975, 6:38 Pm

        Everyone working on the project had gathered in the back room and didn't know how to feel. The project was successful but they became a Frankenstein and created something that should not exist, something that would be killed. And they knew that from the start yet for some reason now it seemed so wrong to do so.

       "Dr.Roma," one of the secretaries says standing up and getting everyone's attention. He acknowledged her by raising his eyebrows and not so secretly judging the way she overlined her lips too much to the point it was halfway to her nose. "Miss Emily, do learn how to apply your enhancement correctly or it will have the opposite effect."

         The small smile she was able to mimic disappeared in a second, she was a kind woman but it seemed like the beauty she used to have when she came to the facility with Dr.Roma was gone. Nothing about her stood out anymore. Her hair was dull, her skin unhealthy pale, and her eye's stopped having that lively spark.

        "I have presented myself now because, as all of you are aware, the subject has left the lab and is currently being tracked to be destroyed. I want to inform you that this is not a step back but a leap forward. None of our complex findings have been lost and we have physical copies of all of our research. I wanted to also remind you that if you speak a word of what that thing is to the public, you and your family will pay the price." He says all of this with the same blank expression that he always seems to keep in every situation. He leaves shortly after not sparing a second to start planning out the second phase of the operation.

       The faces of everyone in the room had gone to gloom down to anger. The doctor never found out that the bird now has the mind capacity of a three-year-old child and that what started as an animal is slowly turning into a human. Something that we all decided to keep a secret, if we were ever successful at creating a super soldier there is a small chance that they will become something more than a monster.

𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐭 😁