Chapter 36: Spades

november 2, 2088 12:01 am

the unnamed

I take a look at the man next to me, my eyes lock on what looks like the same man in front of us. Twins I say in my mind, or at least almost, the colors of the brother's were completely different. While both of them had the same broad nose, shoulders and wide mouth; there was no way they shared the same father. The man in front of me had sleek brown hair while the man next to me had black tight curls that were cut short. The man next to me was about 8 inches shorter than the giant in front of me. There weren't a lot of differences but the few were the ones that showed the most.

The man behind the table looks down at his watch and mumbles to the man next to me. "She's coming, 4 o'clock."

I want to turn my head in the direction of the victim but I'm frozen in my place. What is this feeling that keeps me chained?

"So the fallen queen returns to another king's land." The sounds that come from this creation I cannot simply describe. The assertiveness in her tone flows with the mezzo-soprano sound of her voice. My eyes linger on what was supposed to be the drink that the man next to me was supposed to take. I need to let the next scenes play out before I rip that fuck-head's off his body.

"Who land is this, ay" the man next to me says. I keep myself turned away from them but my ears focus on the conversation. "Not yours," she responds with. "It could have been if you didn't mess up."

"Who says I messed up?" the man straightens up. Trying to add some height to his short body.

With my peripheral vision I catch her, I never have been so sure of something in my whole life. That this human, this woman is meant to be mine; she will forever make my heart tremble. No one told me I would feel this way at this moment. No one had to, who would think this moment is anything else other than this.

I've met my beauty. The lights around her make her skin glow so many colors, her skin glimmers as she moves. The way her hair flows over her shoulders makes me think that she is not from this fucked up world. That she's from a world where the roads are paved with gold.

"The written law does. You're finished." Her hand opens and reveals a small black device that looks to be shaped like a pencil. The man next to me stays still. "I'm not finished yet."

With that he gets up from his chair and runs out to the crowd of people. "Pendejo!" she says and points the device on him. At this moment I turn to her direction but she's too distracted by the situation to make note of me. Thank God

"Shit,shit,shit." she repeats to herself as she taps on her watch causing it to project a screen. She taps on air as her face turns more serious. I need to find the man before he does something that's undoable.'