32:Face

the unnamed

The small buzz of creators awaken me from my sleep; I feel battered but I'm glad I'm up. The feeling of something compressing my left arm is annoying but I keep still when I hear the echoing of footsteps sound near. "¿Qué es eso?" A young boy says. I can just imagine the scene. One hand points out to an open door peering inside my most likely uncanny appearance."No mires" I hear a woman says and she hastily moves the both of them away.

Once their footsteps become as soft as a whisper I feel for my condition. My left arm is wrapped up in a sling made of fabric. Soon I open my eyes and examine my body as it looks clean; I look well taken care of. Slowly sit up from my bed peering at everything that is around me.

Four light yellow walls, gray curtains, one chair and what looks like a handmade cupboard on the opposite side of the door. The door remains open and although outside the room seems quiet it does not compare to the silence of the facility. There seems to be an echo of noise coming from beyond the walls of this room. The sound of people can be heard. I want to see these people...What a strange thought.

I test to see if my feet are steady on the floor before taking a few steps. Each step seems to bring a new emotion I have yet to feel, excitement! By now I'm across the door into the hallway when I see what I believe to be letters on the door. "Juan Pérez"

My knowledge of the world is about half of what Blaise knows. Unfortunately wisdom and memories of the past I had no access to for too long for me to catch up on things of the world. Not even Blaise remembers much from his life from before he was 11.

I perrier at other closed doors reading many of the same name Juan Pérez, Juan Pérez, Juan Pérez..coming across other names on occasions. Sebastián,Valentina,Emiliano, to list a few names that were different. I make a left not knowing where I go but hoping I end up somewhere. There are two doors at the end of the hallway, one has a symbol of a shape of a man while the other has a same figure but a triangle shape has been added to the bottom where the legs hang out. "El baño de hombres está a la izquierda." (the mens bathroom is to the left)  I turn to where the voice came from. A woman guides me to the left side while she enters the right door. Later as I stand there another woman comes out of the right door looking at me for a slip second then hastily walking away.

Out of curiosity I entered the left door where I was guided wanting to explore where the door would take me. At frist I see no one around but then I freeze when I look back at him. Or is that me? I move my hand up above my face and the man follows my movement, I take a step in his direction and he seems to be closer. I turn my head to the right, the action is mirrored. This must be me. I think as I look closely at my fetchers.

My hair flows like a black waves framing down my face and crashing at my shoulders. The paleness of my skin made the appearance of my jet black eyes more unnerving. My irises are so intensely dark they match the colors of my pupils, the roundness of my eyes contrasted well with the sharpness of my face. How much thought did the doctor put into my appearance? I picked up the bottom of the shirt I was given to reveal my sculpted torso. My body no longer looked like one to a frail boy; I was now built like a beast.

"It's called a mirror. It's one of the most useless things that humans use every day. It shows you an image that does not reflect anything truth but what you want it to."

I turn around sharply to find the source of the voice. "No te encuentres con los muertos" The man who's eyes are unfamiliar, but face is all but unfamiliar.