Chapter 31: Clubs

Itzel November 1, 10:34 pm

"Mija, we do need a number to call, I understand your friend needed to leave so I'm asking you. If something happens like he dies or escapes then all call you but other than that there is no need for me to contact you." Dr.Pérez says to me. I send him the message code to contact me on my watch. "I'm staying here for the next 13 hours so you can just contact me through the DM system." I say before taking my leave.

Even if he is a trusted Doctor I don't trust the techs here that will also have access to my phone number. Bing my watch gives me an alert from Angel. 

King of Hearts: Ex- queen of spades entered Club 1. Do you want me to hold him?"

Me:"Yes, I'll be there shortly." 

I write back and head to club 1. Every building here has a name but members choose to number them instead to keep it simpler. There are 4 different sections on 18th street. Each section is limited to 10 operating businesses: The Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds, and Spades. Angel is the leader of the hearts, Donjuán the leader of Clubs, Chava is king of Diamonds and the ex-king of Spades Matón.

"Pacifier, need a lift." I look to the right of me and a white car marked with the club's symbol stops at a halt. "Donjuán said you would be coming." That was quick. I think to myself as I hop in. Every person who has a leader position earned it in some way. But just because they earned it doesn't mean it's there for long. Both Hearts and Clubs seem to be both enemies and friends to each other, always causing some sort of drama. Both are restricted to only hold businesses for entreatments but there's only so many types of clubs, gaming rooms and bars you can make before your ideas overlap. We haven't cleared them for holding a main Casinos center so both of them are constantly trying to get themselves on my good side to prevent the other from opening a casino.

I put ear protection before entering Club 1, 85 decibels is enough to fuck up my ears and I dont want to stumble out of here with white noise. "Princesa. ¿Qué onda?" Donjuán says to me as he greets me with a kiss on the cheek. "Straight to business." I say to him sternly. Donjuán's name was given to him for a reason; unlike Lucus who just wants a quick fuck or the Boss who wants to make the most valued women go through a rollercoaster, Donjuán's wants to play romance with every girl he meets.

I'm not letting him waste my time tonight, work then play.

"Do you know where Angel is?" I ask him while disconnecting his arm around my waist. His face instantly changes from a friendly expression to one of annoyance. "On the second floor keeping an eye on some Pendejo." He says without interest. We try to keep the clubs and hearts members in their own territory but unfortunately the clubs have shown that when it comes to tracking they are embarrassingly bad at holding their own.

I pass through bodies as quickly as possible; avoiding the dance floor and heading through the side of the bar that leads to a door that can only be opened by card members. I take out my card to swipe it but someone from behind me scans first. "This is my realm, a Club's member can only let you in." Donjuán said to me as the door opened. That's a rule broken; no building is allowed to have an exclusive room for members only unless it's been scheduled. It's a rule the boss put out a year ago when the last Clubs king tried to overthrow him. But I don't say any of this out loud I know better than to put myself in a position of a snitch.

"There you are!" I hear Angel say as she waves to me. At the sight of her Donjuán moves away to hide his present. "So what did you find out?" I ask her. She takes my hand and seats me where she had been. Her long acrylic nail points into the bar area across from the one I entered. "Technically today is the day where everyone is welcome until they cause violence. I saw him in the wanted list but he's been behaving today." she says to me.

"He's a trader; that rule doesn't apply to him." I say back. Her hand goes up to her mouth in surprise. "Another one? Damn what's going on."

"We need to change some things around us. We made this place too big. It's hard to catch the rats. I can't even trust the Spade's to carry him out. Maybe a change in roles will work?" I say as I send a DM to the king of Diamonds telling him to make an arrest.

Angel looks at me as if she just remembered something. Her big blue eyes lighting up. "Wait the king of Spades is dead, the queen of Spades holder is going to be arrested, the jack of Spades was tight with the king so I wouldn't trust him. The 10 of spades holder is a good solder but can't lead shit. That means temporarily you're going to have to come out of hiding to uphold the responsibilities of all 3."

I let out a sigh but didn't agree or disagree with her. I can't be a killer... I can't do that again. The chances I'll find someone who can be the king are small, Let alone someone who can do all three.

DM from the king of diamonds: Quickest come when 16 minutes.

"You gotta be kidding me" I say out loud, grabbing Angel's attention. "They're all drunk as hell."

"Well the only ones that are forbidden to drink on work days are the Spades and guardians but every guardian is probably very busy trying to make sure the world doesn't fall down right now since they are the only ones that are sober." she says to me.

"I'm sober." I tell her and roll my eyes. "Well no one else here knows that." she says waving her hand around the room. "The situation is believable." she says with a smile. That's one thing I don't like about that girl, for her, if a situation seems too dangerous she leaves it. Making someone else go in her place, she wishes all the other women here would do the same so it doesn't make her look bad. No matter what, I can't do that.

"I know the bartender, I can just tell him to spike the drink while I distract him." I say ready to press send on another message but then Angel stops me.

"That's his brother, do you think he's really going to drug his own brother." she says to me.

"That bartender let us keep his collateral for 4 days and it was his sister. It wouldn't be the worst thing he's done plus he knows we need him alive." I put send and wait for a response. Not even 3 minutes later I get a response.

4 of clubs: k 

Authors notes: 

from now one expect an update that is 500 words or more every week. I have entered one of Wattpads contest so it is a must..........even though I am behind on college work :))

Please vote and comment!!!!!