CHAPTER 8: Chains

Friday, October 21, 2088, 9:50 pm

A loud ringing was heard before the smell of gas filled the room. The sound of chains moving profoundly was the second noise heard from the room. Some of the prisoners didn't have the slightest idea of how to get out of the first challenge: the handcuffs, others got to work with dislocating their thumbs and cutting their ropes with the shard provided to them. Now challenge two began when close to one minute as pain filled the lungs of the prisoners who didn't take a proper breath of air. Some of them didn't even try to get out of the results as they lay passed out before they could get out of the chains that they held them with. The few of the prisoners who were able to pass the first challenge didn't have the energy to go through the second. Some men pulled on each other trying to reach the roof where fresh air is. Most of the women are too short or unable to jump to reach the small rope that's about three feet long, not long enough for us to reach.

    one woman managed to climb up the first man that grabbed the rope then shifted her feet on top of the man's hands making him lose grip of the rope and landing head first on the concert floor. blood pours like a puddle of water making though slippery around the area.
    Two men are clearly enemies and instead of finding a way to live they break out in a brutal fight with sloppy fists they though punches at each other one of them wins the fight as they both end up on the floor with no more clean air. In the far corner, there is one man that tries to get the ropes from the other men that have died together. Once he has about ten feet of it he goes to the 3 feet rope that is surrounded by ten other prisoners. He notices that most of them have failed to make a jump high enough and have given up on trying. But unlike them, he's able to swiftly reach the rope jumping five feet to the rope. Once he gets to the top he realizes that there is only one other person who made it, shockingly it was a thinner woman. This isn't a team he thought to himself and looks back down on the floor. There are still the eight other prisoners that can touch the rope but they fail on being able to get high enough to wrap their feet around the rope to move up. With the extra rope that he had tied together, he grabs the three feet rope and adds the extra ten feet to it.

    "Climb onto this!" He yelled to the prisoners on the bottom and those who still had strath in them made their way up the rope three men were able to make it to the top before they closed the door on top trapping everyone else in the bottom. Leaving them all to suffocate from the gas. No one, not even the man that tried to save the others, protested.