CHAPTER 4: Careless

Wednesday, October 18, 2088, 2:47 pm

"Itzel Silvia Bova! Where's your fucking brain at?!" Itzel holds a straight face as Chava rants about how she shouldn't be so reckless. "It's in my skull." She says calmly walking the opposite way from him.

"You have a future!" He continues "You can go to 18th street on a school night- and on a Thursday! you know Thursdays are studying days!"

"I did my college work on Wednesday and turned in my last assignment on Thursday at 2:34 PM. 15 minutes before class ended." Itzel says calmly.

"Oh," he says and pushes up his big round glasses "still it's a school night." He adds.
She turns to look at him "You're acting like you have never gone to 18th street on a school night."

"Shhh!" Chava holds a finger to his mouth while he looks around to see if anyone is looking. "Ya, 'cause I have work." He says quietly.

"Ya so do I," I say without caring if anyone will hear us.

"I told you that you shouldn't get involved anymore. 18th Street isn't how it was when you cleaned it up and turned it into a hang-out place,  shit goes down there. If you're connected to it somehow the cops will arrest you." He looks into my eyes seriously.

"They can't arrest me because they don't have nearly enough evidence. All they got is lore, a whole lot of it and it's not worth anything." She says to him, her expression carefree of the subject.

"You worry too much, imagine if your coworkers knew," she says with a smile.

He rolls his eyes "Fine whatever, but don't say I didn't warn you. One day you're going to wish you listened to me and I have a good feeling that it's going to come very soon."

Itzel nodes then say "So do you want to go to 18th street?"

"Fuck ya," he says to her with a smile taking off his glasses and stepping into the passenger side of the car.

"Oh and before I forget," Chava says after sifting in his seatbelt. "One of the boss's men requested the presents of the pacifier.

Itzel smiles "Of course he does, it's about time he sends me with a job to do."

𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐭 😁