Chapter 35: Brothers

November 2, 2088 12:00 PM

The unnamed

The moment I close the door to the outside world I feel like I've been transported, landing in another dimension. There is no color, sound, or smell that is in any form familiar to the world I lived in two days ago. Bodies against bodies, more bottles in hand, the humans walk in patterns on the floor. Two or more people move to the touch of the other person; some do this with grace while others do this with clumsy feet. Below my feet are the colors red, blue, green, orange, white are sploded under a black base tiles. All of the colors glow, seeming to have no order.

I feel something being poured from above me; with a sharp tilt to the ceiling I notice this is more than one level. Red, blue, green, orange, white all seem to have a platform attached from chains from the roof. Most of them look barely stable. I walk over towards the long table where people tend to come up and leave. One male there seems to be getting everyone's attention. They slide cash his way while he pours a white power in their drink; the people leave please, laughing after just a sip from the glass they are given.

I take a seat near where the exchanges are and wait. I feel the need to be here; it stalls me on the seat I sit at. So I do, I wait till I feel the need to go elsewhere. "Necesitas algo?" the man on the other side of the table says after handing another drink out. "Do you have anything free?" the man nodes his head and turns to grab something from under the table. He pours a clear liquid out onto an empty glass and slides it to me. I secretary hope its water. I lift it up to my nose hoping that would give me a clue. "It's water." the man says to me before gazing onto a screen he pulses up from his wrist. He walks to the man next to me "The pacifier is on to you." Having nothing else better to do I secretly turn my attention to the conversation. "But it's Día de los Muertos, that bitch cant do shit." he says while taking a nervous galp of his drink.

"Technically the grace period is over. It's now the new day. You should know that's how it works." The man sitting next to me sounds to be around my age, he shakes his head and says "You gatta help me out brother, they know I fucked up."

The man on the other side of the table takes a sharp breath in. "I've already helped you by telling you what the fuck is about to happen. Now if you know what's good for you, then drink this and suck it up." A drink is harshly placed in front of the man sitting next to me. "When have I ever done what's good for me?" The man next to me says, swiping my drink with his and turning around to take a noticeable amount of my drink throwing his head back. All three of us know it's just water, but how would anyone else know? He leans over to the man across the table and whispers something in his ear. " I'll just kill the bitch."

If it wasn't for my overly keen hearing I would have missed it. Like every person around us. A confession to kill, a plan to kill, no one would stop it. The world would keep turning like it did before. Yet that same feeling that drew me to this very seat seemed to draw another feeling from the core of me. Wherever that man goes I'll follow. Whoever that man tries to kill, I'll save them.