29:Guardian

November 1, 2088 10:02 pm

Itzel

Crossing 18th street is always an experience, you would think it's the entrance going to Mexico by the size of the line. 3 lines run down where people stand inside bulletproof glass boxes. Two workers stand on both sides of every box, we call them guardian angels. The soldiers of 18th street all wear a white bandana with a halo embroidered on the middle around their arm . The soldiers who greet us are the fifth highest rank with a purple halo on their bandana. "Lucus, we're going to need his help. Unless you know anyone else who's able to carry that guy on his back?" I say referring to the man who's still unconscious. Chava looks behind to the back seat and shakes his head. "Lucus is our only option." I frown and let out a sigh at the thought.

"Aye cabrón,'' Chava says, getting one of the guardin's attention. "We need Lucus" the guardian shakes his head. He's covered from head to toe with a black uniform. If we could see his face we already know the expression that he would have. Lucus' body count is probably the amount of days he's been alive. The chances are he's very busy on his 30 minute break. "Tell him I need him." I say to the guardian. "Yes mama." He says then records a request for Lucu's presents on his watch.

"Let me scan you in before your off.'' Both of us roll down our windows and let the guards scan the watch like things we all have on their tablet. " Make sure to confirm the location for Lucus on your screen. As you know there is no time limit for the next 24 hours. No te encuentres con los muertos" (don't meet the dead) he says to me. It's a phrase that is said on three occasions:

On Dia De Los Muertos, it's the night that the most people die out of all year on 18th street.

When someone has officially made it their life mission to kill you. Whether it's ending your physical life, your reputation or ending your ability to live the way you want to.

Someone's very last bitter goodbye to you.

I'd take the second reason any day.......just not the last. 

Short update!! I was going to hold onto this part for next week when I release a 1000 word chapter but I've been getting a lot of  inspiration so.... I decided a little sneak peek for next week won't hurt. 

Please Vote and comment ;) 

thank you in advanced 

<3