5. Bananas

Omniscient narrator:

"She's annoying." Leah said after taking a sip of her water bottle.
"Why? She's nice." Lotte asked to the blonde. Leah stayed in silence, meditating her answer.
"She's just annoying. We don't need more young players in the team, I think Jonas made a mistake signing her..." The girl looked at Alex, that was on the treadmill.
"Oh my god. Leah look at her." Lotte whispered but loud enough so Leah could listen her.
"Did you see that?!" Lotte smacked Leah's arm after seeing that Alex took her shirt off, leaving her only in sport bra and some sport shorts.
"Ow! Of course I did! What about it?" Leah asked rolling her eyes.
"What the hell do you mean with what about it?! Did you see what I just saw?!"
"Yeah, I did Lotte."
"I knew she was fit because she is somehow a gym rat but... Damn. Look at those abs." Lotte said earning a weird look from Leah.
"Do you like her?"
"No I don't, I'm just saying she's fit."

Everyone left the gym except for Leah and Alex. There was an awkward silence, you could only hear the the sound of the treadmill and Alex's little groans when she couldn't do something right.
"Fuck." Alex sighed silently, even though Leah heard it.
"Just stay in silence, it's not that hard." Leah complain irritated by Alex.
"Yeah, sorry."

Alex was trying to lift some huge weights. Leah looked at her discretely while she had a break from the treadmill.
"Are you sure you can lift that by yourself?" Leah asked rudely.
"Yeah Leah, I'm not a child." Alex replied frustrated.
"You will get injured if you don't stop spending the whole day in the gym." Leah said after taking a sip of her water.
"I can take care of myself." Alex said as she lifted a weight. Leah didn't answer, instead, she placed herself next to Alex and started to lift up a weight.
Alex quickly looked at her, and then she continued with her workout.
A silence invaded the room as the two players overworked theirselves.

Alex was lost in her thoughts while she stretched her muscles. She was exhausted, her whole body hurt, but it was worth it, that's what she thought.
Leah was stretching as well, lost in her own thoughts too.
"Do you ever feel empty? Like if yo-" Alex asked awkwardly before being cut by Leah.
"No."
Alex nodded her head softly, she didn't get why Leah was so harsh with her.
"Oh." Alex let out, Leah ignoring her completely.
"I do sometimes, it's strange." Alex laughed quietly, trying to cool down the awkward ambient.
"Well, nobody asked." Leah said without looking at her. After that, the blonde stood up and grabbed her water bottle. She started to walk out of the gym, but before she could step out of the room, she looked back at Alex, that was now sat on the floor. She was looking at the floor, like if she was thinking deeply about something.
'Should I wait for her?' Leah thought, but as soon as she realised how stupid was her idea she walked off.

Alex walked to the changing rooms to take a shower and get her things. She only wanted to go home, and lay on the sofa, waiting for life to become better. But she couldn't do that, as she had movie night at Beth's with her teammates.
After having a quick shower, her phone went off and started ringing, her face lit up when she saw that Georgia was calling her.
"Hey!" Georgia said cheerily.
"Hey G." Alex had a big smile on her face.
"Tell me, how was it?"
"It was alright, yes." Alex said as she dried her hair with a towel.
"We told you it was going to be okay, Alex." Georgia stated.
"Yeah. Oh! I forgot! I'm going to Beth's now. Movie night." I said with excitement.
"Oh my god, you're so lucky! I'm going to have dinner at Lucy's, apparently she wanted Keira and I to try her new recipe for making pasta. I don't know if I should be scared, Lucy can be a mess when it comes to cooking..." Georgia said laughing.
"Good luck with that, Lucy is going to intoxicate both of you."

Unknown number:
Hi Alex, I'm Beth. I just sent you my address, see you in a while!

Alex drove to Beth's, while listening to some music. It was already night, and by that time, she already should have had dinner.
Alex drove through London's empty streets as she sang 'I was made for loving you'.
"I was made for lovin' you, baby
You were made for lovin' me
And I can't get enough of you, baby
Can you get enough of me?" Alex sang while tapping her fingers on the wheel. She used to sing that song with Lucy, both of them went wild when singing it.