18. Perhaps, Something Much Worse.

Omniscient Narrator:

(Commentators)

"There she goes, Leah Williamson with the ball, what a long pass for Caitlin!"

"Caitlin for Mead, who shoots!"

"What a save from Mary Earps! She's a world class goalkeeper!"

Mary blocked the ball, but unfortunately for her, the ball was sent to the air by a defender that had tried to clear the ball but sent it to the air, still in the box. Everything seemed to go in slow motion for the fans, that had stood up from their seats when they saw Alex jumping ready to shoot the ball with a perfect bicycle kick. Alex was thirsty, thirsty for a goal. She watched her foot, perfectly placed in the air to strike the ball. Everything was in slow motion, the roars of the fans went silent for a moment. Until she hit the ball, and she slowly fell to the ground. Her back collided with the ground, causing her to let out a small groan of pain. But that didn't matter anymore, it didn't matter in the slightest.

"Russell with the bicycle kick... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THIS IS ALEX RUSSELL! THE PLAYER THAT SEEMS TO NEVER STOP SHINING! WHAT A BANGER!"

She lifted her head and saw the opposing players with their heads in their hands, others bending down down shaking their heads in disbelief. Now the roars of the fans that had previously been silent for a moment were blaring, music to Alex's ears. She sprinted to the corner flag and roared a 'let's fucking go!' with the fans, that stretched their arms out to touch the footballer who had just scored such a goal.

Now, you may be asking 'why does this chapter begin with a fantastic event, but it's title reflects a completely different idea?'
If you didn't, read the title again, I'll wait for you.
Did you read it? Do you think it reflects something positive or negative? Negative, right?
Before you continue reading this, I want you to remember this. 'It seemed so perfect, but ended soon. So soon.'

Alex walked greeting the fans and was stopped by Jonas.

"Alex! The media wants to talk with you, could you please go?" He asked as he patted her shoulder.

"Of course!" She answered nodding, she started making her way to the reporters but she quickly turned around and went with Jonas.

"Jonas! Wait!" She yelled as her coach walked making his way to Beth. He turned around with a wide smile.

"Jonas, I just wanted to say... I-I... Thank you for this opportunity. I won't disappoint this team, I promise." She stuttered.

"We're all so proud of you, now go and enjoy!" He said. Alex nodded and jogged making her way to the media and reporters.

"Alex! It's a pleasure talking with you! How do you feel? It's your first appearance with Arsenal in the Barclay's Women's Super League, you scored an absolute screamer!" The reported started speaking and the girl stood there, fixing her ponytail.

"Thank you, yeah it's... Unbelievable! I honestly didn't imagine my debut in the wsl scoring the winning goal!"

"What do you think of Arsenal? Do you think you guys are capable of winning the 21/22 Champions League?"

"Arsenal... We're unique. I think we're definitely capable of winning the title, and I'll do the impossible to help this team.

"Thanks Alex, enjoy the celebrations!" The reporter said and Alex nodded before going back with her teammates.

It had been around a week since Alex and Chiara were seeing each other. Sometimes they just hooked up, other times they cuddled in Alex's sofa and watched Mamma Mia, while Chiara stroked the brunette's hair and traced shapes in her back, making her feel loved. Because the truth was that Alex felt loved, she felt loved, she felt that the other person was really caring. All her problems were suddenly gone, but not for too long.
Ladies and gentlemen, this has only just begun. All of the above was an introduction, an extended prologue. Now, let me begin this story of unfortunate events, in which our dear Alex, could end up hurting, or hurting others. She could end up with a broken heart, or breaking the heart of others. A lot of people have a chapter in their life that they don't read out loud, Alex is one of those people. But what people don't know is that this chapter is about to be discovered, to be red out loud and to repeat itself, perhaps, something much worse.

Author's Note:

This is about to get interesting... Leave your vote and suggestions!