Chapter 5

Wade's POV

"Arghh!" I screamed in frustration. I was at home with my katanas in my hand. In one swift movement I cut a large slice in my wall.

"Dammit," I muttered under my breath realizing I had to pay for that. Things were so much easier when there wasn't as much to worry about.

Like rent. And money.

I could practice with my katanas without dreading what the training was for.

But now?

Now, I had to use my skills to kill. Something that is a horrible crime but I've grown used to it.

Blood first. Money second.

That was my motto while I was out being Deadpool... While I was out being a mercenary.

Ring! Ring!

I quickly ran to the kitchen and picked my phone. I hoped it was Peter. I had to leave him by himself to deal with his parents.

I feel like it's my fault.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Deadpool."

"Who is this?"

"Boss needs you back," the mysterious voice said. I pulled the phone back from my ear and checked the number.

Blocked. Of course.

"Boss?"

"I was commanded by Taskmaster to tell you that your vacation is over. You need to-"

"No," I said firmly. I couldn't leave Peter when I just got back. Not after everything that's happened.

"No?" The voice said incredulously. I knew they would kill me, or try to, for this but I don't want to leave.

"I mean, I practically just left guys. Can't you give me a break after 3 years. You know I'm the best you've got," I reasoned. It was true. I was the best at what I did.

"He wants you back immediately. There's nothing for you in New York. You have no life as Wade Wilson. We moved your father to Japan. You have no mother, no siblings, no friends," he insulted.

I could tell from his voice getting deeper that he was trying intimidate me but it wasn't working. However, I did cringe when they mentioned my Dad. They flew him to Japan right after my graduation and I haven't seen him since...

"Maybe I want a life," I said in a low voice. The man on the other end made a noise that sounded like a laugh and a scoff. He was mocking me.

"Once Taskmaster finds out what or who's keeping you in New York he's going to strip it away from you and torture you with it until there's nothing left of it. You may have healing powers but you won't be able to heal from what he will do if he finds you."

The line went dead and I lowered the phone from my ear.

I was torn about what to do. They can't find out about Peter.

But we can't leave Peter now! That'll hurt him too!

Shut up, I'm trying to think.

Peterrrrrr!

Oh my gosh. If I could kill you, I would. Shut up a minute!