Chapter 19

Peter's POV

I pulled the blanket up to my chin and switched the channel for the umpteenth time. Millions of taco wrappers lay on the small living table from earlier today.

Mexican food never tasted so good.

I was stretched out on the couch now with a blanket over me and my head resting in Wade's lap. His washed out, blue jeans scratching my ear every now and then.

"So why do you only go by Stark then if your full name is Rogers-Stark?" Wade asked again, not understanding.

I laughed and looked up at him.

"Because my Dad wants me to take over his company when I get older so it's easier to go by just Stark."

"Hmm," he hummed and smiled. "You're a nerd."

I laughed. "Yeah, yeah. Now I get to ask you something," I smiled up at him.

"Go 'head."

"If you can teleport... why can't you use that to go to Japan and see your Dad?"

I knew it was a touchy subject but I had to know. I sort of regretted it though because Wade immediately froze under me with a hard look on his face.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to-"

"He thinks I'm dead," he said, cutting me off.

I blinked. "What?"

"My Dad thinks I'm dead. And that's not how it works."

"Not how what works?"

He took a deep breath before responding. It sounded strained.

"In order to teleport somewhere I have to see where I'm going. And since I've never stepped foot outside this country I'm kinda screwed," he huffed.

"You can't look up a picture or something?"

He shook his head sadly. "Not unless I want to go inside the computer and lose touch of reality. Believe me, I've tried everything."

"Wow," I breathed.

"Yeah."

I turned my head and decided to go back to watching TV drown the subject out. I flipped the channel again to the news. What I saw made me shoot up from my position despite the pain still in my ribs.

"-Peter Stark, son of the Avengers Superhusbands, Tony and Steve Rogers-Stark, is still missing. This is the fifth day he's been away from home. We asked Dr. Banner a.k.a The Incredible Hulk what he thinks of the situation when he was spotted yesterday. Here's what he had to say:"

The screen showed a recorded clip of Uncle Bruce being mauled by reporters. Didn't they know he doesn't need to be stressed out? It might have only been a week that I've been gone but I still felt my stomach clench at the sight of my Uncle. I just wanted to hug the screen.

His shoulders were slouched trying to avoid the people. He was wearing a gray hoodie and jeans.

"Dr. Banner! Dr. Banner! Do you think you'll ever find Peter??"

Uncle Bruce looked up at the camera and the camera man backed up.

"Peter's the strongest kid I know and he's coming home."

The reporters around him were silent for a second as they took in what he just said. Uncle Bruce tugged his hood up and slid post the reporters as they began throwing questions at him again.

"You okay?"

I turned to see Wade staring at me with a look of concern. He was rubbing circles on my back and I felt the silent tears on my face now.

I wiped them away quickly and sniffed. I nodded and looked back at the screen. They were still talking about me and my absence. They even showed clips of them mauling other Avengers when the only response they would get was "no comment."

I really need to get back to my family but first I need to get my story straight. If my parents find out that Wade was involved they'd skin him alive.

I'll just have to lie. Maybe I'll tell them that some lunatic kidnapped me and I got away myself. Yeah, that's not a complete lie.

"Peter?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Wade. His plain white T-shirt was disheveled just like his messy, dirty blonde hair.

"Yes?"

He broke eye contact with me to look down at his hands. I got a little wary and touched his shoulder gently.

"What's wrong?"

"I-uh-I think we need to break up," he whispered.

My world stopped. I pulled my hand off of him like I'd been shocked.

"W-what?"

"I think we need a break-"

"Why would you say that!?" I jumped up and screamed at him. My blood was boiling and I could barely see straight. My bones ached but all I could focus on was my anger.

"I'm just saying-"

"No! Wade, I've been through hell and back just to be with you! And-and you just wanna end it?!"

His widened and I realized tears were streaming down my cheeks but I couldn't stop them. He stood up and reached out to me but I flinched back.

"Please, Petey don't-"

"Stop! Don't call me that! I can't believe this right now," I said holding my head in my hands.

"Peter-"

I held my hand up to stop him and shook my head. I was so mad and upset. I did the only thing I could.

I ran.

I bolted out the door, headed for the elevator. I jabbed the button over and over before the door opened. I ran inside only to be pulled back into two strong arms that I knew were Wade's.

I thrashed violently in his arms and hit him in the chest but he didn't let go. Tears were blurring my vision and I just wanted to go home.

"Wade! Let me go!" I cried. He just pulled me closer to his chest and made me look him in the eyes.

"Peter, listen! I love you, alright? So damn much, but I can't stay with you knowing that it's hurting you. It's always my fault when you get hurt and I hate that. I want to protect you and the only way to do that is by getting you away from me," he explained.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. I stayed silent until he spoke again.

"Maybe your Dad was right about me.."

"Don't say that," I said finding my voice. "I don't care about all of that. I love you too and I want to be with you. No matter what."

I was holding his hands now and the tears had stopped. He had a saddened look on his face.

"Are you sure?"

I held his face in my hands and smiled slightly.

"I've never been more sure of anything in my life."

He leaned his head down and brushed his lips against mine lightly. I leaned the rest of the way to press our lips together. The kiss was loving and gentle and I loved every second of it.

I loved Wade.

***A/N***

Bayyuumm!

What did you guys think??

Omg I'm so excited! I'll post again before the weekend is over. ;) xD

Thanks for votes and all the comments!

Don't hate me! (Yet) Lol jk I love you guys!

Mkay byee!!