Chapter 12

Steve's POV

"Tony, you have to come to bed. Please," I begged.

It was currently 2 a.m. and it's been a rough night. I couldn't find Peter anywhere and Tony said he was off the grid. It was so frustrating.

I tried to go to bed but I can't sleep knowing my son is still out somewhere and without Tony beside me.

"I have to find him," he grumbled. I was upset earlier and now it was Tony's turned to be pissed. It took a toll on him when he found out his tech couldn't do anything for him.

I was exhausted and I knew Tony wasn't better off. He's been up for the last three nights and now Peter's MIA. There was probably no hope in getting him to bed now but it's worth a shot.

"He might be staying at Wade's or something. We'll worry about it in the morning," I said rubbing my hands up and down his arms.

"It is the morning," he retorted.

"Tony," I spin him around to face me. I was frustrated and wasn't in the mood. I just wanted to sleep with my husband in my arms.

He looked up at me with red, puffy eyes and gave me an exasperated sigh.

"What?"

"I love you, alright? And I respect you and your need for this lab. But right now I'm begging you, as your husband, please come to bed. I need you," I said holding both of his hands.

He must have heard the desperation in my voice because he leaned forward and hugged me. He nuzzled his face in my chest and sighed.

"I'm so sorry, Steve." He said pulling back. "Come on. Let's go to bed," he holds out his hand and smiles slightly.

I look at him gratefully and take his hand. He leds the way to our bedroom and opened the door. We stripped down to out boxers before climbing in together.

"Whoa," Tony breaths.

"What's wrong?" I ask sitting up to look at him.

"I forgot how comfortable our bed was," he said causing me to laugh.

"Really? I think it's a little stiff," I joked and he rolled his eyes. I just pulled him closer and kissed his forehead. His hair tickled my nose as he nuzzled his head into my shoulder and I smiled.

"You know I can't sleep without you," I whispered into his hair.

"Well I'm here now, honey. Go to sleep," he cooed and draped his arm over my waist.

That's exactly what I did.

I fell asleep holding the love of my life.

***A/N***

It's not much but I wanted to update this before I go back to my busy week.

Comment and let me know what you think!

You guys are amazing! Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting.

UNTIL NEXT TIME MY LOVES!

Please don't hate me!...yet....

Lol okay okay I'm leaving now!

Byeee!